Concealed beneath a derelict public house, The King’s Head private members’ club is East London’s best kept secret. Founded in 2013 and located in the heart of Shoreditch, this exquisite venue offers multiple large rooms that boast character. Enclosed over four floors, The Kings Head showcases…
Poetry Brothel London -Midsummer Poetical Ball-
- No reviews.
- The King's Head Members Club
After a splendid anniversary celebration last month we offer you one more glorious insertion into the cosmos of The Poetry Brothel before our summer break. The summer solistice is a time for change. A time to shed the ancient dress and step into your most poetical and joyful guise. Join us for our summer ball where we shall intoxicate you with poetry and music of the highest and most fiery order. Dress to kill for this one.
Poetry performances by some of the most fiery poets in the UK all night.
Tarot readings available.
Live music by the inexorable Adam Beattie.
Imagine beauty encapsulated in the literary expression of a powerful psyche. Imagine purchasing a portion of a poet's mental anatomy. Imagine being locked in a perfumed room with a spirit and a flesh of your own choosing, jaunting through the alleyways and corridors of an artist's consciousness. Imagine sexiness and poems dancing together like flames with the wind.
The Poetry Brothel is a unique and immersive poetry event that takes poetry away from classrooms, lecture halls and Ivory towers and places it in the lush, radiant and fiery interiors of a bordello. Based on the concept of the fin-de-siecle bordellos in New Orleans and Paris, many of which functioned as safe havens for fledgling, avant-garde artists, The Poetry Brothel presents a rotating cast of "poetry whores" each operating within a carefully constructed character. For a small fee, you can purchase a piece of the "whore's" poetical spirit and absorb yourself in the true nature of one-on-one poetry readings in back rooms and other secret and intimate spaces.
Poetry Brothel London
Midsummer Poetical Ball
|20:00 - 01:30||£15.00|
The King's Head, 257 Kingsland Rd, E2 8AS
Old Street (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.