Miss Burlesque Scotland Grand Final
- The National Piping Centre
Join us in making history on Saturday the 21st of September, as the creme de la creme of Scottish Burlesque throw their sparkles into the ring and give it their all for the chance to win the inaugural title of Miss Burlesque Scotland 2019.
The prestigious Miss Burlesque Competition has been run in Australia for nearly a decade, before launching in Ireland for 4 years and debuting in the UK in 2018 with the inaugural winner, Amber Topaz.
The competition is comprised of three marked sections – the Red Carpet Parade, followed by the Traditional routine and Unique routines, and will be taking place at Scotland's National Piping Centre in Glasgow.
The Miss Burlesque model is a unique competition, which positions modern burlesque both within its rich historical tapestry and burlesque’s revival as a modern performance based art form. The competition situates itself within the neo-burlesque revival as a theatrical performance-based art form that incorporates elements of striptease as a theatrical cocktail of sexuality and satire.
The core values of the burlesque revival are emboldened with empowerment and feminism. Miss Burlesque seeks to uphold an all-inclusive competition and encourages diversity, body positivity and aligns itself with the LGBTQI community.
The winner of Miss Burlesque Scotland competition will receive the Miss Burlesque Scotland title, over £200 worth of cash and sponsored prizes, including crown, sash and photoshoot, and will compete in the Miss Burlesque UK grand final in November.
For further details about MBUK visit;
Main image of Amber Topaz by Claire Seville
|19:30 - 23:00||£14.00|
The National Piping Centre, 30-34, McPhater St, Glasgow, Glasgow, G4 0HW
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.