3 Years, 1 Week and a Lemon Drizzle
- No reviews.
- Exmouth Market Church
3 Years, 1 Week and a Lemon Drizzle pieces together some of Alexandra and Kate Donnachie’s sometimes heart breaking and often hilarious memories of growing up together and managing their close bond when older sister, Alexandra, developed a severe eating disorder as a teenager.
Once Alexandra decided to ask Kate what ’that time’ was like for her, she immediately began cooking up ideas for this autobiographical show –albeit before Kate agreed to be in it!
3 Years, 1 Week and a Lemon Drizzle is a performance that recalls on touching memories, shares laugh-out-loud anecdotes and melts Mars bars to bring to stage a story about living with a loved one and their mental illness.
"Searingly frank & painfully funny - autobiographical theatre at its best!"
"Absolutely blown away by 3 Years, 1 Week and a Lemon Drizzle. Funny, truthful and incredibly moving theatre"
"3 Years, 1 Week and a Lemon Drizzle was excellent, but I'm knotted up inside. Thank you" Audience reviews
Tellit Festival is the UK's first ever week-long celebration of 'truth' in various art forms. The festival explores how we, as humans, convey our own personal experiences through a curated line-up of storytelling, theatre, immersive experiences and workshops.
Is an actress and theatre maker who has performed in venues across the UK such as Battersea Arts Centre, The Hampstead Theatre and Warwick Arts Centre. After graduating from her actor training, Alexandra co-created and toured A Womb With A View with her company, Pinkanoe Theatre. It went on to be nominated for the NSDF Pleasance Award at the Edinburgh Festival in 2013. Alexandra plays series regular, Jacqueline (Jackie) Tate in the Dark Shadows audiobook series. She was one of Battersea Arts Centre’s Emerging Artists in 2014.
Is currently training at Italia Conti and has performed in a number of professional productions at venues such as Battersea Arts Centre and the Lyric Hammersmith. Kate is also a singer/song writer and has written an original song for 3 Years, 1 Week and a Lemon Drizzle. She is also a teacher and facilitator, often working with young people to devise new ways of performing Shakespeare.
|Standard||16:00 - 17:00||£10.00|
|Double Bill w/Tellit Best||16:00 - 17:00||£20.00|
Exmouth Market Church Hal Exmouth Market EC1R 4QE
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.