TWM Live Presents: False Heads, Low Lying Sun, Grebbo "IVW"
- No reviews.
- Three Wise Monkeys Colchester
"Vital and considered. You need to hear this album" - The Line of Best Fit [8.5/10]
"Unapologetically chaotic...False Heads have really hit the nail on the head with this one" - CLASH [8/10]
"False Heads are a force to be reckoned with" - Louder Than War [8/10]
"One of 2020's Best British Rock Albums" - Pop Matters
With over 1 million streams on Spotify and over 500K on Apple Music and plaudits aplenty right in the middle of a global pandemic.
Think QOTSA and The Pixies with a bit of The Ramones thrown in for good measure.
It’s All There But You’re Dreaming is the culmination of over 4 years of hard work from the post-punk trio, who have been going full pelt since 2016. The 12 tracks delve deep into the world of gnarly, outspoken, real-talk, riff-heavy rock music delivered with maximum authenticity and passion.
Without a doubt one of the most followed up and coming UK bands from the last few years, False Heads have delivered a journey of social subject matters, cultural talking points, political opinions and everything in between. It’s All There, But You’re Dreaming tackles topics that Luke Griffiths, Jake Elliott and Barney Nash have openly talked about in their lyrics since starting out, making this album their own musical timeline.
False Heads are an east London-based three-piece rock/punk band consisting of Luke Griffiths (Vocals/Guitar), Jake Elliott (Bass) and Barney Nash (Drums/Vocals).
Having met at Coopers’ Company and Coburn School in Upminster the three members reconvened after University to make music together in late 2015. While all members had collaborated creatively with each other in the past and Griffiths had previously released music under the title, this marked the first time they began to perform together as ‘False Heads’.
While playing at the Black Heart in Camden in November 2015, False Heads caught the attention of former Ramones manager Danny Fields also famous for signing Iggy Pop & The Stooges and The MC5. Fields began to take an interest in and to mentor the band, even declaring that they were "the future of Rock and Roll”.
After releasing a number of singles in 2016 and playing venues including the Roundhouse in July 2016 for the 30th anniversary of the Ramones’ performance, False Heads released their debut EP Gutter Press in March 2017 receiving critical acclaim and extensive radio play, both domestically and internationally being played on Radio 1, recording a live session on Radio X being championed by Iggy Pop on his Radio 6 Music programme. In the United States Rodney Bingenheimer regularly praised the band and played Gutter Press tracks on his Sirius XM shows.
The band also performed at a number of festivals – including Isle of Wight Festival, Y Not Festival, Reading Festival and supported The Libertines on their ‘Tiddeley Om, Pom Pom Tour’ later that year.
Support From: Low Lying Sun & Grebbo
Doors open 8 pm, Tickets £8 +(50p Booking Fee) £10 OTD
Top floor, Three Wise Monkeys Colchester
Access – There is no lift to access the top floor of Three Wise Monkeys. There are five flights of stairs to reach the top floor with rest opportunities between each flight.
|Standing Ticket||20:00 - 23:00||£8.00|
60 High St, CO1 1DN
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.