- No reviews.
- Three Wise Monkeys Colchester
Formed in London, The Kubricks are a seven-piece band who mix ska,
reggae, and infectious melodic pop.
After surfacing in 2013 with their debut EP, ‘Wasters & Wannabes’, The
Kubricks soon became one of the must-see ska bands of this generation.
Tracks from their debut release were supported by Huey Morgan on BBC
Radio 2, and Tom Robinson BBC Introducing – 6Music, and The Specials’
bassist, Horace Panter championed the band, claiming “I can hear
Madness, The Ruts, Squeeze and The Clash in there…” The timing was
perfect, and coincided with a new interest in ska music, as many of UK’s
festivals began dedicating entire stages to the genre. Riding on the
back of this wave, the band soon found themselves supporting legends
such as UB40, Bad Manners and The Toasters.
Produced by Toby Davies of Gentleman’s Dub Club, the band’s first album
‘The Heist’ was released in 2017. The UK’s longest-running skazine, Do
The Dog, commented at the time that it was, “A very strong contender for
album of the year”, whilst Bucketlist in Canada called it, “A gem of an
album that makes ska and reggae seem like a perfect fit with
21st-century musical trends.” Tom Robinson 6Music immediately shared
the track ‘Down With the Dogs’ with his listeners, and BBC Introducing
in Essex soon began supporting the album, inviting the band in for a
Following two autumn UK tours, the band released a brand new album in
December 2022 titled ‘Between Antipodes’. Their most ska-pop record to
date, production duties were taken by Tom Donovan – producer and
musician from hip-hop act, Monster Florence.
The Kubricks have honed their commanding live set, headlining their own
shows and playing festivals across the country. They have played to tens
of thousands over the years with appearances at the Isle of Wight
Festival, Boomtown Fair, Bearded Theory’s Spring Gathering, Wickerman
Scotland, Godiva, Dance Ska La France, and The London International
Ska Festival, amongst many others.
Advance tickets £12 + booking fee/£14.50 on the door
This gig takes place on the top floor of Three Wise Monkeys Colchester.
Access - There is no lift to access the top floor of Three Wise Monkeys. There are five flights of stairs to reach the top floor with rest opportunities between each flight.
|Standing||20:00 - 00:00||£12.00|
60 High St, CO1 1DN
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.