Chris Helme (The Seahorses) + Ady Johnson
- No reviews.
- Three Wise Monkeys Colchester
TWM Live presents Chris Helme (The Seahorses) and Ady Johnson at Three Wise Monkeys Colchester on Friday 20th May.
Chris Helme returns to Colchester 11 years after his previous sold out show in the town, and like that night he will once again be joined by Ady Johnson.
Rising to fame in the 1990s as frontman of indie band The Seahorses singer-songwriter Chris Helme is now producing acclaimed folk-infused tracks as a solo artist, including with a new album readying for release in Autumn 2022. His enviable back catalogue includes Britpop classics such as ‘Love is the Law’ and ‘Blinded by the Sun’ from his time with John Squires’ post-Stone Roses band, The Seahorses. But beyond these well-loved indie hits Helme has matured into a songwriter of regard for noir-tinged folk gems blistering with emotion.
From rousing sing-a-longs of Britpop classics to underrated indie-folk gems Chris Helme is among the finest singer-songwriters on the circuit today and the release of long-awaited new material should only confirm his reputation and give audiences fresh favourites to enjoy alongside his indie classics.
Colchester based Ady Johnson is a seasoned musician who’s infectious songs and engaging live performances, continue to win him plaudits from critics and audiences alike. Ady draws upon blues, folk, soul, Americana, pop and rock, to fuse a unique, classic but contemporary acoustic style. One of the most popular acts in the area and it's increasingly justified each and every time he performs live.
This is a a double bill that's not to be missed.
Tickets are on sale now
£12 advance (+ £1.20 DesignMyNight booking fee)
£15 on the door
Over 18s only.
This gig takes place on the top floor of Three Wise Monkeys Colchester.
Access - There is no lift to access the top floor of Three Wise Monkeys. There are flights of hand railed stairs to reach the top floor with rest opportunities between each flight.
|Standing||20:00 - 23:00||£12.00|
60 High St, CO1 1DN
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.