Players Lounge in Billericay offers an eclectic mix of high-end entertainment, featuring top DJs, live music, brunches and all the best sporting fixtures on the HD, LED 4M widescreen. Enjoy 2 for 1 cocktails during happy hour made by the expert in-house mixologists. Expect Bourbon Smoked Old Fashioneds…
Comedy Lounge presents Terry Alderton & Hal Cruttenden
- No reviews.
- Players Lounge
Terry alderton, hal cruttenden and guests at Players Lounge COMEDY LOUNGE this august!
Carl Donnelly (MC)
TERRY ALDERTON: Peeking inside the Technicolor mind of one of Britain’s finest comic talents and you will find him desperately doing battle with “The Voices”, two unpredictable and hilarious Voices in Terry’s Head. Though often a challenge to Terry these two different sides of his ego/conscience often lead him into unpredictable comedy routines. No two shows are ever the same!
Terry is one of the most exciting comedians around regularly performing all over the globe. In the last year alone he has played the Melbourne Australia Comedy Festival, New Zealand Comedy Festival, India and Edinburgh Comedy Festival. Terry has been Perrier nominated in Edinburgh and recently won the ‘3 Weeks Critics’ award as well as Best International Act at the New Zealand Comedy Festival. This frequent traveling has meant performing alongside some of comedy’s biggest stars. Michael McIntyre has found Terry as a source of inspiration. He has recently worked with Joan Rivers who became an instant fan and Eddie Izzard who proclaimed him to be a ‘very funny comic with a fantastic comedy mind’, but someone who really ought to seek some sort of professional help.
HAL CRUTTENDEN: One of the top touring stand up comedians working in the UK and Ireland today, as well as being a highly accomplished writer, presenter and actor.
He has made several appearances on ‘Live at the Apollo’ (BBC1 & 2), ‘Have I Got News For You’ (BBC1), ‘The Royal Variety Performance’ (ITV1), ‘Would I Lie To You’ (BBC1) ‘The One Show’ (BBC1), ‘The Great British Bake Off: An Extra Slice’ (BBC2 & Channel 4) and ‘The Apprentice: You’re Fired’ (BBC2).
He’s toured extensively in the UK and Ireland over the last 8 years, he has also taken shows to the Montreal, Melbourne, and New Zealand comedy festivals and he’s recorded three stand up specials for Next Up -‘Tough Luvvie’, ‘Straight Outta Cruttenden’ and ‘Chubster’. Hal’s next tour, ‘It’s Best You Hear it From Me’ starts in 2022.
DANE BAPTISTE: Original and provocative, Baptiste is hailed as one of the most exciting acts to break in years. The London born stand up made comedy history in 2014 as the first Black British act to be nominated for a comedy award at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival for his debut stand up show Citizen Dane. Following this nomination, the show enjoyed incredible success at London’s Soho Theatre completing two sold out runs with additional dates added due to phenomenal demand. His second stand up show Reasonable Doubts was again met with huge critical acclaim and performed to sold out audiences at the 2015 Edinburgh Fringe, with his first nationwide solo tour following in 2016. In 2018 Dane set out on a massive world tour, covering numerous territories, with his smash hit third stand up hour G.O.D. (Gold. Oil. Drugs).
His extensive TV credits include Live at the Apollo (BBC Two), Mock the Week (BBC Two), 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown (Channel 4), The Stand Up Sketch Show (ITV2), Black, British and Funny (Channel 4), Frankie Boyle’s New World Order (BBC Two), Roast Battle (Comedy Central), Comedians Giving Lectures (Dave), Hypothetical (Dave), Tonight at the London Palladium (ITV1), Live from the BBC (BBC Three), Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled (Dave), Comedians Solve World Problems (Comedy Central) and more. During the 2020 lockdown Baptiste performed on The Big Night In (BBC One) for Children in Need and Comic Relief. He has also hosted Live At The Apollo (BBC Two), Live from the Comedy Store (Comedy Central) and created, wrote and starred in his own sitcom Sunny D (BBC Three/One), which was the first black sitcom commissioned by the BBC in 20 years and is now being reformatted for US markets.
CARL DONNELLY: (In his own words...) Nominated for the Edinburgh Comedy Award twice, won a bunch of other awards, appeared on a selection of TV shows (Mock The Week, Russell Howard’s Good News etc) and travelled the world having performed at the Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal, The Melbourne International Comedy Festival, The New Zealand Comedy Festival and pretty much every other comedy festival there is.
💥💥THEATRE-STYLE SEATING NOW AVAILABLE! DINNER NOT INCLUDED. £32PP.💥💥
COMEDY LOUNGE, Players Lounge, brings top drawer comedians to an intimate audience for dinner and show.
The line-ups are subject to change subject to artist commitments. Any changes will always be like-for-like.
Bookings are available for tables of 2-6 people with limited VIP booth upgrades available.
6pm-7pm arrive for dinner
7.30pm last entry
8pm-10.40pm Comedy Lounge
The lead booker will be contacted 1 month in advance to confirm your arrival time for dinner and your menu choices.
Sharing platters per table (tables of 6, choose 2 platters).
- Mixed Sharer: Beef burger sliders, buffalo wings, southern fried popcorn chicken, garlic flatbread, mozzarella fries and a mix of salads. Served with onion rings, BBQ sauce & mayonnaise.
Slider Sharer: Beef sliders, pork sliders, grilled chicken sliders, southern fried chicken sliders. Topped with slaw and served with skin on fries, mix of salads, onion rings, BBQ sauce & mayonnaise.
Sharing Nachos: A mountain of Nacho's with cheese, jalapenos, salsa, guac & sour cream and a choice of either chilli con carne or BBQ pulled pork..
or individual meals per table
- Prime Beef, Bacon & Cheese burger: 8oz beef burger, streaky bacon, smoked cheddar, burger sauce. Served in a brioche bun with baby gem, tomato, red onion. With slaw, & onion rings.
Southern Fried Chicken Burger: Southern fried chicken breast, mayonnaise. Served in a brioche bun with baby gem, tomato, red onion. With slaw & onion rings.
Halloumi and Avocado Burger (V): Halloumi fries, avocado, mayonnaise. Served in a brioche bun with baby gem, tomato, red onion. With slaw & onion rings.
Moving Mountains Vegan Burger (Vg): Moving mountains burger, spinach, aubergine, peppers, courgette, vegan mayo, tomato salsa. Served in a vegan brioche bun, with baby gem, tomato & red onion.
- All burgers are served with either skin-on fries or a side salad.
Comedy Lounge table and dinner for 2
Entry for up to 2 people with dinner and show. Poseur table.
|18:00 - 23:00||£94.00|
Comedy Lounge table and dinner for 4
Entry for up to 4 people with dinner and show. Standard table seating.
|18:00 - 23:00||£188.00|
Comedy Lounge table and dinner for 6
Entry for up to 6 people with dinner and show. Standard table seating.
|18:00 - 23:00||£282.00|
Comedy Lounge table and dinner for 8
Entry for up to 8 people with dinner and show. Standard table seating.
|18:00 - 23:00||£376.00|
VIP Comedy Lounge table and dinner for 6
Entry for up to 6 people with dinner and show. VIP Booth Seating.
|18:00 - 23:00||£345.00|
Individual entry Theatre-style seating
Dinner not included. Entry from 6.30pm
|18:30 - 23:00||£12.50|
Players Lounge, Unit 5 Radford Way, CM12 0DX
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.