When We Died
- No reviews.
- Town and Gown Pub & Theatre
He’s dead, and it’s her job to prepare and present his body for his family’s final goodbye. She often imagines what each person’s life was like. But today she doesn’t have to imagine who he is. She knows him.
Faced with the body of the man who raped her eleven months ago, When We Died is a striking play about one woman’s choice to confront her trauma and tell her story, on her terms.
"Donnachie is really terrific - her body turning and twisting, bending and swaying to suggest the trauma of a woman looking for a way to move in life by taking care of the dead. It’s quietly hold-your-breath gripping" Lyn Gardner for Stagedoor.
Supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England. An early version of the play was longlisted for the Bruntwood Prize for Playwriting in 2017 before premiering at VAULT Festival 2020 the week before national lockdown.
★★★★ London Theatre 1
★★★★ The Reviews Hub
★★★★ Spy in the Stalls
★★★★ North West End
★★★★ Within Her Words
★★★★ Act Drop
Contains an account of rape, and descriptions of dead bodies. Please note, at no point is rape presented onstage.
When We DIed
Admit One - 8pm
|20:00 - 21:00||£12.00|
2 Courses. Set Menu.
|18:30 - 20:00||£17.95|
Town and Gown Pub & Theatre, 8, Market Passage, Cambridge, CB2 3PF
TERMS & CONDITIONS
TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE and NON EXCHANGEABLE
Changes can be made to ticket purchases subject to availability and may not be an option for certain events. Changes will incur a £2.50 per ticket administration fee. This is offered at the discretion of the venue.
LATECOMERS - Please be aware that due to the intimate setting of the Town and Gown Theatre that latecomers MAY not be admitted. Please leave sufficient time for arrival as refunds will not be given if you cannot be admitted due to arriving late.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.