- No reviews.
- Town and Gown
VILLAGE WOOING- A Comedietta for Two Voices- is an anti-romantic, battle of the sexes comedy written by Bernard Shaw.
2021 LPT ‘Standing Ovation award WINNER - best ‘Rediscovery’
“Powerfully evokes a sense of the era” ★★★★★ London Pub Theatres
OffFest award FINALIST at the 2022 Offies- Off West End Awards
"Congratulations to the Village Wooing team for the nomination and win, a play I have fond memories of performing in 1979. It’s wonderful to see SHAW2020's work continue to thrive as shown by this industry recognition. I wish their production continued success."
DAME JUDI DENCH
Village Wooing is a charming two-hander in which the characters, simply named 'A' and 'Z', play a relentless game of cat and mouse across land and sea…"I am a woman and you are a man, with a slight difference that doesn't matter except on special occasions."
Starring Joe Sargent & Maryann O’Brien
Directed by Jonas Cemm
SHAW2020, a limited theatre company founded by theatre professionals who are members of The Shaw Society, is dedicated to the performance, exploration, and adaptation of George Bernard Shaw's works. Their focus is to bring Bernard Shaw’s theatre and writings - including those of his contemporaries and those he influenced - to a wider, more diverse audience.
Village Wooing - Evening
Admit One 8pm
|20:00 - 21:00||£12.00|
Village Wooing - Matinee
Admit One 3pm
|15:00 - 16:00||£12.00|
Pre-Theatre Dining Evening
2 Courses. Set Menu.
|18:30 - 20:00||£17.95|
Pre-Theatre Dining Matinee
2 Courses. Set Menu.
|13:30 - 15:00||£17.95|
Town and Gown, 8, Market Passage, Cambridge, CB2 3PF
TERMS & CONDITIONS
TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE and NON EXCHANGEABLE
Changes can be made to ticket purchases subject to availability and may not be an option for certain events. Changes will incur a £2.50 per ticket administration fee. This is offered at the discretion of the venue.
LATECOMERS - Please be aware that due to the intimate setting of the Town and Gown Theatre that latecomers MAY not be admitted. Please leave sufficient time for arrival as refunds will not be given if you cannot be admitted due to arriving late.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.