- No reviews.
- Town and Gown Pub & Theatre
The Return is a devised one-woman show exploring hidden consequences of war. Combining movement, storytelling, and poetry, this profoundly personal story investigates how living through war has affected where Natasha is now. Expect touching, visual theatre with a disarming deadpan humour.
The piece unveils an aspect of a family history, explores the surreal circumstances around a conflict building up and what goes into surviving it. The story, based on personal experience of living in Croatia during the breakup of former Yugoslavia is fragmented and put together in a collage-like fashion.
What if a decade of your life has been hijacked without you realising it? What if the time of your life that felt exciting and invigorating proves to have also been deeply traumatic? These are some of the questions that inspired and prompted the research and making of The Return.
Created and presented by an exciting team of international artists.
“breath-taking, striking, thought-provoking” ★★★★★ Everything Theatre
“The Return evokes a plethora of triggers and questions surrounding personal journey and influences of who we are with the physical nature of the performance” The Reviews Hub
“We have been very impressed with Natasha’s artistry, bravery, and satirical sense of humor in creating this show, using her own personal experiences to bring to light the consequences of an atrocious war in recent European history, which of course resonates strongly with current events in Ukraine.” Amy Clare Tasker, Codirector at Voila! Europe Festival
Admit One 7:30pm
|19:30 - 20:30||£12.00|
2 courses. Set Menu
|18:00 - 19:30||£17.95|
Town and Gown Pub & Theatre, 8, Market Passage, Cambridge, CB2 3PF
TERMS & CONDITIONS
TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE and NON EXCHANGEABLE
Changes can be made to ticket purchases subject to availability and may not be an option for certain events. Changes will incur a £2.50 per ticket administration fee. This is offered at the discretion of the venue.
LATECOMERS - Please be aware that due to the intimate setting of the Town and Gown Theatre that latecomers MAY not be admitted. Please leave sufficient time for arrival as refunds will not be given if you cannot be admitted due to arriving late.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.