Just Like That! The Tommy Cooper Show
- Town and Gown Pub & Theatre
Tommy Cooper was a true comic genius. His impeccable timing, misfiring magic, trademark fez and quick-fire gags made him an international star.
"JLT!" continues to wow audiences after sell-out success at London’s Museum of Comedy and an extensive UK tour. This all-encapsulating show stars John Hewer (Tony Hancock, Hancock's Half Hour - The 'Lost' Episodes, Harold Steptoe, Steptoe and Son) giving "a perfect illusion of time travel" and delivering "nuances both obvious and subtle" as the man in the fez.
With live musical accompaniment, this acclaimed tribute is the perfect celebration of Britain's favourite comedian.
“John Hewer captures the Cooper style, from the mumbled speech and loud laughter to the awkward giant-body language” – The Stage
"Very much aloving odeto this comic oddball” – Beyond the Joke
“It delivers on every one of it’s promises. As a love letter to Tommy Cooper, it’s sealed with a loving kiss” – Broadway Baby
"A perfect illusion of time travel” – The Lost Review
“No one can rival the original, but this is closest you are going to get to seeing Tommy Cooper on stage” – Black Diamond FM
“If you fancy a trip down memory lane, then it’s money, ticket, ticket, money – JUST LIKE THAT!” – Chortle
“The dear boy’s a comedy genius!”– Leslie Phillips CBE
“I never believed it would be possible to recreate the unforgettable Mr. Cooper. John Hewer has proved me wrong.” – Robert Ross (Comedy Historian)
Due to new restrictions in place for COVID 19 TIER 2 please take a moment to read the following policies we will need to adhere to at the Town and Gown Pub & Theatre.
SPECIFICALLY FOR THEATRE:
All guests must be from the same household / support bubble.
All guests are required to wear a face mask at all times in the venue and throughout the performance. (unless seated for dinner before the show)
Shows will be no longer than 70 minutes in length and there will be NO INTERVALS.
There are NO DRINKS available at all from the theatre bar at any time before, during or after the show. You are also not able to bring your own drinks into the venue.
If you wish to book a table for pre-theatre dining before you can enjoy a meal and drinks, but will not be able to take drinks into the theatre.
TICKET HOLDERS ONLY - (No dining) Doors for the theatre will be open 20 minutes before the scheduled show time start. We will be using a separate entrance to the theatre. PLEASE NOTE - you will be seated immediately into your seats in the theatre, we will not be able to seat you in you our bar area. So please arrive as close to that 20 minutes before the show as possible, with all members of your party - WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ADMIT YOU TO THE VENUE BEFORE THIS TIME. If you arrive earlier unfortunately you will need to wait outside the venue.
TICKET HOLDERS WHO ARE DINING - Your table for dinner will be available 2 hours before the scheduled showtime. We need a minimum of 90 minutes to serve you 2 courses and be in time for the show. You will have your table until showtime when you will then be seated in the theatre.
If you need to make changes to your booking due to these new regulations please email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us on 01223 309796.
We are doing everything we possibly can to make sure shows can go on, keep our guests safe, comply with government directives and keep the atmosphere festive. We appreciate your support and do hope we see you over the festive period.
Please note: All tickets will be fully refundable or transferable if any COVID 19 related issues arise.
Just Like That! Evening
Admit One 7:30pm
|19:30 - 20:40||£13.00|
Just Like That! Matinee
Admit One - Matinee
|14:30 - 16:15||£13.00|
Pre-Theatre Dining Evening
2 Courses - Set Menu
|18:00 - 19:25||£15.95|
Pre-Theatre Dining Matinee
2 Courses - Set Menu
|13:00 - 14:25||£15.95|
Town and Gown Pub & Theatre, 8, Market Passage, Cambridge, CB2 3PF
Changes can be made to ticket purchases subject to availability and may not be an option for certain events. Changes will incur a £2.50 per ticket administration fee. This is offered at the discretion of the venue.
LATECOMERS - Please be aware that due to the intimate setting of the Town and Gown Theatre that latecomers MAY not be admitted. Please leave sufficient time for arrival as refunds will not be given if you cannot be admitted due to arriving late.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.