Julie Madly Deeply
- No reviews.
- Town and Gown Pub & Theatre
Written and performed by Sarah-Louise Young Musical direction from Michael Roulston Directed by Russell Lucas ’
Tis the season to be ‘Julie’ with the return of this critically acclaimed Off Broadway and West End hit.
'Even your critic found herself, unprecedentedly, singing along. My cheeks hurt with smiling.' **** Daily Telegraph
Adored by millions, Dame Julie Andrews is a genuine showbiz icon. This charming yet cheeky cabaret takes an engaging look at fame and fandom, through the eyes and voice of award-winning performer Sarah-Louise Young (Fascinating Aida, An Evening Without Kate Bush, La Soirée, Showstopper! The Improvised Musical).
Julie's songs from musicals including Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music and My Fair Lady are intertwined with stories and anecdotes about Andrews' own life, from her beginnings as a child star to the more recent challenges of losing her famous singing voice. What emerges is a delightfully funny and candid love letter to a true show business survivor.
'The hills are alive with the sound of singalongs and gags in this witty, affectionate tribute.' **** Evening Standard
Sarah-Louise is joined at the piano by long-term collaborator, Michael Roulston. Together they have created numerous award-winning shows including, Songs For Cynics, Songs For Lovers (And Other Idiots), Je Regrette! and Two Faced.
'Dame Julie, you suspect, would approve. This is an evening that ends in triumph, not in tears.' **** The Times Running time 65 minutes (with no interval). By arrangement with One Eyed Man Productions.
Julie Madly Deeply
Admit one - 8pm
|19:30 - 21:30||£15.00|
2 Courses. Set Menu
|18:00 - 19:30||£17.95|
Town and Gown Pub & Theatre, 8, Market Passage, Cambridge, CB2 3PF
TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE and NON EXCHANGEABLE
Changes can be made to ticket purchases subject to availability and may not be an option for certain events. Changes will incur a £2.50 per ticket administration fee. This is offered at the discretion of the venue.
LATECOMERS - Please be aware that due to the intimate setting of the Town and Gown Theatre that latecomers MAY not be admitted. Please leave sufficient time for arrival as refunds will not be given if you cannot be admitted due to arriving late.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.