Hidden Rooms is not a night club. It is however, a great place for drinks. A bar, live music and events venue, they're famous for creative cocktails, prestigious spirits and bespoke events. Established in 2009, 'Hidden Rooms' is located in the heart of Cambridge, in an impressive former Victorian…
Session Guitarist Dave Niskin
- No reviews.
- Hidden Rooms
Doors from 7 p.m.
Performance from 8 p.m.
On the door ticket price - £9.00
Dave has performed as a session guitarist behind the likes of Sony artist Lemar and X Factor winner Matt Cardle, and regularly tours internationally as a session musician with several artists. He has travelled in his work as a sideman as far as Europe, the USA, Australia, North Africa and the Carribean.
As a keen songwriter and fingerstyle guitar player on the side, his solo guitar performances have been developing quite a following on YouTube with over 16,000 subscribers to his channel. Come and spend an evening listening to this Cambridge-grown guitar player sing and play an eclectic mix of solo guitar and vocal performances touching on soul, folk, pop, jazz and funk. Joining him for the second set will be the very talented Ollie Le-Page Dean of local band Mode9, back from their recent tour of China.
Ollie Lepage-Dean was born in Brussels, Belgium, but grew up in Cambridge. He was a chorister for St Johns College Choir, Cambridge and recorded his own CD with Naxos in 2001. He studied at Haileybury College for five years with music tuition from Peter Davis and Quentin Thomas, and gained a place at Trinity College of Music, London, graduating in 2011. During his time at Trinity, Ollie mostly sang classical and choral music but his musical inspiration was diverse and he also sang a variety of musical theatre and jazz repertoire. Influences on his music include Erykah Badu, Jamie Cullum and Steely Dan, and as well as hearing some of the best original writing around, audiences can also be treated to some popular favourites heard in astonishingly fresh and exciting arrangements including I Get A Kick out Of You and Stevie Wonder’s Superstition.
His band Mode9 (mode9.co.uk) recently came back from China and are working on future gigs around Europe and in the UK.
|Advance ticket||19:00 - 23:00||£7.00|
Must present VALID student ID upon arrival
|19:00 - 23:00||£5.00|
7b, Jesus Lane, CB5 8BA
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.