Hidden Rooms is not a night club. It is however, a great place for drinks. A bar, live music and events venue, they're famous for creative cocktails, prestigious spirits and bespoke events. Established in 2009, 'Hidden Rooms' is located in the heart of Cambridge, in an impressive former Victorian…
Ralph Wyld's Mosaic
- Hidden Rooms
- No reviews.
'Fascinating music in the field between ambient, jazz, rock and minimal"
Rondo Magazine, Germany
"This is a highly accomplished band-leading debut by Kenny Wheeler Prize-winner Ralph Wyld, strong in writing, textural detail and spiritual purpose." Jazzwise
"a cool but very joined-up genre-crossing venture for an unusual lineup featuring his lustrous, Gary Burton-like vibraphone sound joined to brass, clarinets, a cello, and a hip and sophisticated rhythmic section"
“This album stands as an example of British contemporary jazz at its finest [...] The whole ensemble melds together and fits perfectly with the band name. This is a mosaic where the pieces fit together into a strong and beautiful whole.”
Kind of Jazz, 5*
“The jazz-world is not over-endowed with vibraphonist-led groups so [Subterranea], rich in strong and irresistible compositions makes a decidedly refreshing change.”
All About Jazz, 4*
“fascinating music in the field between ambient, jazz, rock and minimal” Rondo Magazine (DE) 4*
“[Wyld is] set to fire up the jazz scene...”Jazzwise
Featuring critically-acclaimed young musicians, Mosaic combines elements of contemporary jazz and chamber music in an exciting but accessible way. Expansive writing is balanced with intense improvisation, all of which contributes to the thoughtful narrative of the compositions. The unusual line-up creates a surprisingly intimate and yet powerful sound world, distinct from most other groups currently on the scene.
The band’s repertoire consists of original music composed by Ralph, and is inspired by a wide variety of sources, from artist Paul Klee to Aldershot Town Football Club. Musical influences include Steve Reich and Steve Martland as well as Kenny Wheeler. Vince Mendoza, Gil Evans and Marius Neset.
Mosaic has recently released its debut album on Edition Records, entitled Subterranea, which was launched in the 2016 London Jazz Festival.
Ralph Wyld - vibraphone
George Crowley - Bass Clarinet, Clarinet
James Copus - Trumpet
Cecilia Bignall - Cello
Misha Mullov-Abbado - Bass
Scott Chapman - Drums
Over 18's ticket
|19:00 - 23:00||£15.00|
|Student||19:00 - 23:00||£12.00|
Parent plus one
16 to 17 year old ticket
|19:00 - 23:00||£10.00|
7b Jesus Lane CB5 8BA
7b Jesus Lane CB5 8BA
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue operates a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. Full price ticket holders must be over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. Parent plus one ticket valid for attendees aged 16 to 17 only.
14. Under 18's must be accompanied by a parent / guardian.
15. Only one under 18 permitted per parent / guardian.
16. Minimum age permitted to attend is 16.
17. No alcohol to be consumed by or purchased on behalf of under 18.
18. Under 18’s not permitted for sale on door, advanced tickets only.
Thanks for your review. You've earned 10 points! Check your balance here.