Currently Closed due to Covid 19 restrictions. We plan to open 14th August 2020. Hidden Rooms is not a night club. It is however, a great place for drinks. A bar, live music and events venue, they're famous for creative cocktails, prestigious spirits and bespoke events. Established in 2009Hidden…
Benn Clatworthy - John Donaldson Quartet
Doors and bar open from 6 p.m. Jazz from 8 p.m.
Benn is a tenor saxophonist in the hardbop tradition, drawing stylistic cues from Coltrane’s late 1950s work, also Warne Marsh and Sonny Rollins. He is currently resident in the UK and US where he worked with a number of jazz greats including the late Cedar Walton, Lionel Hampton and Jimmy Cleveland. In the UK he has partnered Alan Barnes and John Donaldson amongst many other high profile artists. Like Sony Rollins, he is harmonically adventurous, and is capable of playing at speeds that recall Charlie Parker.
John got hooked on jazz as a Cambridge student in 1978. He was part of the Cambridge Modern Jazz Club’s resident trio, backing visiting guest soloists in the city. In 1980 he won the prize for best soloist at the San Sebastian International Jazz Competition. In 1982 he moved to California, gigging with local notables including Eddie Henderson, Red Holloway, John Handy and Richie Cole. He also worked in groups alongside Larry Grenadier, Jeff Ballard, Donny McCaslin, and Louis Romero. Returning to England in 1993 he has worked with many of the leading musicians on the British scene including groups led by Iain Ballamy, Art Themen, Clark Tracy, Alan Barnes, Don Weller, and Norma Winstone. He has also accompanied visiting U.S. artists.
(Benn Clatworthy) ‘possesses the tunefulness of Lester Young and skilfully merges it with the muscular tone of Coleman Hawkins’. The Guardian
Benn Clatworthy (tenor sax), John Donaldson (piano), Simon Thorpe (double bass), Matt Home (drums)
Over 18's ticket
|18:00 - 22:45||£15.00|
Valid Student ID must be presented upon arrival
|18:00 - 23:00||£12.00|
Parent plus one
16 & 17 year old ticket only
|18:00 - 23:00||£12.00|
7b, Jesus Lane, CB5 8BA
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. Parent plus one ticket valid for attendees aged 16 to 17 only.
14. Under 18's must be accompanied by a parent / guardian.
15. Only one under 18 permitted per parent / guardian.
16. Minimum age permitted to attend is 16.
17. No alcohol to be consumed by or purchased on behalf of under 18.
18. Under 18’s not permitted for sale on door, advanced tickets only.