Hidden Rooms is not a night club. It is however, a great place for drinks. A bar, live music and events venue, they're famous for creative cocktails, prestigious spirits and bespoke events. Established in 2009, 'Hidden Rooms' is located in the heart of Cambridge, in an impressive former Victorian…
Alan, Gilad & The Lowest Common Denominator
- No reviews.
- Hidden Rooms
Doors and bar open from 6 p.m. Jazz from 8 p.m.
Alan Barnes, Gilad Atzmon saxes, Frank Harrison piano, Yaron Stavi bass, Enzo Zirilli drums
Alan Barnes and Gilad Atzmon, two of Britain’s most celebrated virtuoso reed players, join forces to promise the ultimate jazz night in British history. On the face of it this is a combination as likely as ‘Chalk and Cheese’ or ‘Night and Day’, as unlikely a mixture as ‘Oil and Water’. But despite their different backgrounds and approaches, the two men share a passion for performance and a firm belief that a jazz audience is there not to be educated but to be entertained.
They also share a healthy sense of competition. Says Barnes: “I love our gladiatorial, or even Giladiatorial exchanges; the music is lit by shafts of wit - as the Reverend Spooner would have said”. Atzmon concurs: ‘I like few things better than playing a good set with Alan, and then shaking him warmly by the throat.’
The two men also promise to give the American songbook a good shaking, dropping fruits of bop and post-bop and fermenting with outrageous originals from deep in the barrel.
An evening of humour and superb music by a hand-picked band of stars. Book early to catch the best Christmas gig this side of Lapland.
Over 18's ticket
|18:00 - 23:00||£18.00|
Valid Student ID must be presented upon arrival
|18:00 - 23:00||£15.00|
Parent plus one
16 & 17 year old ticket only
|18:00 - 23:00||£15.00|
7b, Jesus Lane, CB5 8BA
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. Parent plus one ticket valid for attendees aged 16 to 17 only.
14. Under 18's must be accompanied by a parent / guardian.
15. Only one under 18 permitted per parent / guardian.
16. Minimum age permitted to attend is 16.
17. No alcohol to be consumed by or purchased on behalf of under 18.
18. Under 18’s not permitted for sale on door, advanced tickets only.