A bar, kitchen, distillery and spirit school communally living under a big ol’ roof in the centre of Bristol. The Bristol and Bath Rum Distillery is the home of Dead Man’s Finger’s rum, with DMF created on site in a 500L double retort pot still “Hannah”. The bar has over 150 different…
Rum Making Experience - Friday & Saturday Evening
- Bristol and Bath Rum Distillery
All aboard, as you are taken on a journey, from rum's miraculous conception on the Caribbean sugarcane plantations through to the superior spirit it is today.
- Be entertained with rum’s rags to riches story, the dark chapters, the light hearted ones, in an interactive class that will entertain and inform.
- Enjoy 5 classic rum cocktails throughout the experience, created by the distillery's skilled mixologists and learn of their colourful histories too.
- Have the science demystified behind rum’s creation and the many different processes that are used in its production throughout the world.
- Explore rum's many personalities, as our rum experts share their rich knowledge of the spirit, that will enhance your enjoyment of rum in the future. Learn about new ways to understand rum, and approach the spirit through fresh informed eyes.
- Get inspired with a spiced rum tasting, as you're guided through the many different spices, botanicals and fruits used by distilleries all over the world. And then it is your turn to be the distiller, as you choose your own from over 40 here at the school, to spice and re-distil your own 70cl bottle of rum.
- You can even name your rum, personalise the label and wax the top. And if you ever want to re-order your bottle, your recipe is kept too.
£80 per person / £120 for two*
- 70cl bottle of your own spiced rum
- 5 classic rum cocktails (Please let us know of any allergies, one of our cocktails does contain traces of nuts)
- Spiced rum tasting session
- 10% discount on any drinks bought at the distillery during the day of the session
- DMF bag
*Two people to one still. Shared bottle and gift bag in package for two
COVID UPDATE 16TH DECEMBER 2021
In light of recent government guidance, we would like to clarify that we are not requiring COVID passports for the Rum Making Express or Experience. However as this is a public event, we would ask that anyone displaying COVID symptoms, being a close contact of a confirmed case or testing positive themselves inform us at the earliest opportunity to look to rearrange, either by emailing email@example.com or by calling on 07557 253770.
Although face coverings can obviously not be worn whilst eating or drinking, we are asking guests to consider that as a public event, the wearing of face coverings whilst not seated is greatly appreciated.
The health and safety of our customers and staff remains our top priority and as such these details are subject to change.
The Rum School Team
Rum Making Experience
On sale until 31st Dec 2022
Rum Making Express
On sale until 31st Dec 2022
Rum Experience for one
An unforgettable rum experience for one person. Rum masterclass, spiced rum tasting, rum cocktails and spice your own rum experience all in one "rum packed" evening
|19:00 - 22:30||£80.00|
Rum experience for two
An unforgettable rum experience for two people. Rum masterclass, spiced rum tasting, rum cocktails and spice your own rum experience all in one "rum packed" evening
|19:00 - 22:30||£120.00|
87-89, Park Street, BS1 5PW
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. If you have used the BIRTHDAY discount code, verification of your date of birth needs to be provided on arrival at the event with a valid form of identification.
You can only use this discount code if the event you are booking is within 7 days of your birthday. You can only book one ticket using this discount code per customer.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to anybody who has used this discount under false pretences.