Arcobaleno is a multi-faceted all-day LGBTQ+ café, bar, restaurant and event space. We all need a space where we can feel safe and seen, meet like-minded members of our community, and spark those serendipitous meetings with friends not yet acquainted. As Queer spaces have become fewer and further…
Queer I AM Podcast: Live and Unscripted
Queer I Am the Podcast, the podcast that celebrates Queer Artists and Queer Allies is proud to record the 3rd season of the hit podcast.
Queer I Am S3 follows its break-out successful first two seasons that have been downloaded in more than forty countries. The show celebrates Queer Artists and Queer Allies, their craft and the story behind their success. It talks about the beautiful queer community, discusses the power of having allies inside and outside of the community, and the roles that sexuality and gender identity play in the creation of art.
For season 3, the podcast will be elevated further into a live setting, with a live audience and filming for YouTube. Created and hosted by Andrew Flewitt, they will be partnering with Arcobaleno, and the inspiring charity Across Rainbows, to host 8 incredible live discussions, featuring a panel of special guests for each recording. The panel discussions, aim to get under the skin of key topics that resonate with our Queer community, and will also act as research for Andrew’s debut book, Queer I Am, The Book I Wish I’d Been Given.
Full line of guests to follow, but you will not be disappointed! This will be a ticketed event and an opportunity to listen to thought provoking and inspiring discussions, with an incredible line up of artists from our community. There will be a chance to mingle with the guests and to purchase books and merchandise. Don’t miss it!
Doors open from 18:30
Doors close at 19:30. As this is a recorded event we cannot guarantee entry after doors close.
Monday 1st May: Understanding and Exploring Identity
SJ Watson - Award winning Author
Helen Trevorrow - Author
Anthony Barnett/ Shallow Vera - Drag Performer
Darkwah Keyi-Darkwah - Performer
Tuesday 9th May: Coming Out and Living Your Truth
Fox Fisher - Filmaker and Author
Chris-Jae Angel - Writer, Activist, and Sex Worker
David Ledian - Author
Monday 15th May: Queer Sex
Harry Nicholas - Author
Billie Gold - Performer
Yurell Benitez Borrego - Author
Richard Angel - Chief executive of Terrence Higgins Trust
Monday 22nd May: Queer Shame
Vaneet Mehta - Author
Luciana Cousin - Founder of Across Rainbows
Pierre Yves-Monnerville - Photographer
Dave Lynn - Drag Performer
Monday 29th May: Queer Mental Health
Michael Handrick - Author
Melanie Blackwell - LGBTQ+ Domestic Violence Worker at Across Rainbows
Luciana Cousin - Founder of Across Rainbows
Alex Fincher - Performer
Monday 5th June: Queer Relationships
Bryan Moriarty - Author
Silva Neves - Author, and Psychosexual & Relationships Psychotherapists
Harry Casella / Mary O'Kart - Personal Trainer and Drag Performer
Ugla Stefanía Kristjönudóttir Jónsdóttir - Author, Feminist, and Advocate
Monday 12th June: Understanding and Acknowledging Queer History
Jill Nalder - Actress, Author, and Philanthropist
Adam Zmith - Writer and Podcast Producer
Wain Douglas - Drag Performer
Daren Kay - Author
Monday 19th June: Queer Community and Allyship
Jacob Bayliss - CEO of LGBT Switchboard
Paul Tindle - Inclusive Rugby Player and Manager
Daniel John Harding - Broadcast Journalist and Author
Jonathan Salters Monroe/ Cherry Bomb - Drag Performer
|18:30 - 23:00
Arcobaleno, 118-120 St. Georges Road, BN2 1EA
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.