Once known as Mo-Dough, Moseley's hearty destination for wood fired pizzas, The Dark Horse has transformed the beloved eatery into a cool boozer. Craft beer and live music are at the core of this rockin' Smokehouse. The interiors, the antithesis or Mo Dough's fresh white innards, boast rich tones, dark…
Spit & Sawdust: Whiskey Tasting, Smokehouse Food, Live Blues Bands
adjective (of a pub) shabby, dirty, and basic
Far, far away from the Delta Blues of the Mississippi in a Ramshackle Duke Joint on the other side of the Atlantic, there happened Spit & Sawdust.
Follow the Mississippi down through the rust belt, the delta, the deep and dirty south; stop at the roadhouses and dive bars for the whiskey and the grit. From adversity and oppression to the bottom of the bottle, let’s raise a glass to the greats.
“Blues don’t necessarily have to be sung by a person that came from Mississippi as I did, because there are people having problems all over the world.” B.B. King, (September 16, 1925 – May 14, 2015.)
Spit and Sawdust is a themed night featuring Live Blues Bands, Whiskey tasting, Smoke House Food and Whiskey Cocktails.
Live Music by Tom Walker Trio
Tom Walker Trio is a collective of 3 musicians based in Birmingham UK ,fused together performing blues/rock & funk music. The band is made up of Tom Walker on guitar/vocals. Deano Bass (Brothers Groove) and Jim Simpson (UFO, Magnum, Bonnie Tyler and Mike Oldfield) on drums. The band have been busy on tour supporting the Paul Jones Blues band, Steve Gibbons and The Move.
Their first self tilted album was recorded with world renowned producer Richard Digby Smith who has recorded the likes of Eric Clapton, Free and Led Zeppelin. The Trio are currently in the studio recording a new album soon to be released summer 2016 also with a tour across the UK.
"Great use of light and Shade in there music"
PAUL JONES (Manfred Man, BB2, The Blues Band)
BEV BEVAN (The Move,Black Sabbath,ELO)
DJ Sets by The Brothers of Destruction (The Mighty Young)
‘The Brothers of Destruction’ is the secret identity of Joseph Gatsby and Robb Cartin, also known as Birmingham garage rock hustlers ‘The Mighty Young’. Their record bags are filled with everything from blues, to soul to old school R&B with a sprinkling of the garage rock that made them a band in the first place.
Table for Two (Standard, Table Only)
"Eatin' is Cheatin'" Table for Two. Table only, without food.
|20:30 - 02:00||£20.00|
Table for Two (Standard + Food Sharer)
"Gut-Liner" Table for Two with Smokehouse Food Sharing Platter
|20:30 - 02:00||£30.00|
Table for Four (Standard, Table Only)
"Eatin' is Cheatin'" Table for Four. Table only, without food.
|20:30 - 02:00||£40.00|
Table for Four (Standard + Food Sharer)
"Gut-Liner" Table for Four with Smokehouse Food Sharing Platter
|20:30 - 02:00||£60.00|
Sofa for Two (Premium)
"B.B. King" Sofa for Two with Smoke Food Sharing Platter + Whiskey Tasting Board
|20:30 - 02:00||£60.00|
145 Alcester Road B13 8JP
Moseley and Kings Heath
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.