Gin & Meat Festival
There are 2 things that go hand in hand…Gin & a Meat Feast.
Gin-lovers of the world rejoice as Taste and Liquor is hosting its first Gin and Meat Festival on Saturday (March 25). It is a chance for gin beginners to become better acquainted with the spirit in a laid-back environment, while offering carnivores the opportunity to discover something new.
Inspired by Julia Child who said: “Red meat and gin…” were one of the reasons for her longevity, gin-fuelled shenanigans will take place from mid-morning, till late evening at No21 Digbeth, complemented by a global street-feast dishing up the best meaty dishes!
They come from all corners of the globe, dressed in different colours and infused with flavours from flowery to fiery and in every manner of mixer and you have a thrill-fest for your tastebuds – Gin is most definitely in! So what’s in store for this wonderful gathering of taste sensation?
Celebrating the juniper berry drink head towards the Gin Living Room for some Hot G & Tea, or jump in to our Aspen Ski Lodge Menu, imagine crushed ice topped with your favorite G, in a boozy slushie. Learn how to mix exciting Gin Cocktail & Combo’s on the hour, by a team of experienced Mixologist, or check out the Live Demos and Tastier Sessions presented by a host of local and pioneering Gin experts.
After all that drinking it’s time to feast: featuring some of the best street-food traders championing dishes from around the world, highlights include Handmade Beef Monster Patties, Horseradish Cream and Thinly Cut Fried Onions (Bad Man Burger), Goa Pork Curry Naan Sliders with Pink Pickled Onions and Chick Pea Noddle’s (Rebel Indian), BBQ Brazilian Beef Steak (Brazilian Grill), Caribbean BBQ (Spice It Up BBQ) and sweet Fried-Dough Spanish Pastries (Churros) for pudding, plus more traders to be announced along the way.
But it doesn’t stop there, Speakerbox, a songwriters showcase will present the best of the regions raw talent and hottest emerging stars of 2017. This month we’re proud to present multi-talented Madi Saskia to the festival alongside, bonkers games shows including Play Your Cards Right! and the outstanding Bingo Rave, just sit back and enjoy the underground fun!
For anyone still standing (please note we do advise to drink responsibly), 40 St Paul’s Gin have created an extensive selection of drinks, including a bespoke menu (but these aren’t included in the price of your ticket). Take a Gin journey around world in seven hours, with over 30 different types of gin served behind the main bar.
Sign up for the best Saturday ever and feast on street food once you've worked your way through every gin and tonic combo you can. Advance booking essential! Super Early Bird Tickets on sale now £3 (Now Sold Out), Early Bird Tickets £5, and more at the door.
Over 18's Event
Ticket is for: entry only, partication of demos, cocktail lessons, taster sessions, Bingo Rave, Play Your Cards Right and to the Live Music Showcase.
Food and Drink to be purchased separately.
A full schedule of demos, cocktail lessons and tasting sessions to be released a week prior event but management have the right to change the schedule on the day.
We aim to book the best street traders in advance but can not be responsible for their attendance; for example if their van breaks down or equipment failing on the day, however we will inform you via Twitter before doors open.
21-27 Milk Street B5 5TR
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.