A great spot for craft beer drinkers with its rotating craft beer selection, The Dark Horse is also widely known for its great Live Music events from Monday to Sunday. The food has transformed over the last few years from a pizza venue to a renowned smokehouse. Famed for its big meaty starters and…
The Dough Rollers (live)
Hailing from New York, The Dough Rollers started in 2008 when Jack Byrne and Malcolm Ford bonded over a mutual appreciation for blues music. Initially the band started as a two piece but quickly expanded to fit fiddler and singer Julia Tepper, just in time to start exploring other kinds of music the group was being influenced by.
A self-titled album comprised of blues, country and just about everything in between was recorded and released in late 2009. After some time as a three-piece, the lineup returned to just Byrne and Ford so they could re-focus on their love for early blues music. An album, Someday Baby, made up of the blues that Byrne and Ford had crafted playing countless shows around the country, followed shortly thereafter and was released in a limited run. After the release of their sophomore album, the nomadic duo evolved again, though this time into a quartet, complete with bass and drums. This sudden change may have seemed unexpected, but it allowed the group to blend different influences and genres of music into something totally distinct. At first, the band featured a rotating rhythm section, but the lineup is now cemented with Josh Barocas on bass and Kyle Olson on drums. Recently the band has toured with Bob Dylan, John Mellencamp and Queens of the Stone Age and released a 7” on July 9th, 2013 via Jack White’s Third Man Records. They have also recorded an EP for release this fall with a single produced by Josh Homme (Queens of The Stone Age).
They recently appeared as guests on The David Letterman Show and are set to tour with Billy Idol and The Black Keys this year.
|21:00 - 02:00||£5.00|
145, Alcester Road, B13 8JP
Moseley and Kings Heath
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.