Victorian, unique and vintage are but a few ways to describe the eye-catching Old Joint Stock Theatre pub, sitting just shy of Birmingham City Centre. Born originally as a library then later a bank, this decadent and richly decorated Victorian pub sits comfortably opposite St Philips Cathedral inone…
IF mY FaThEr OnLy Knew
- No reviews.
- Old Joint Stock Pub & Theatre
Charlie is grieving the loss of his beautiful mother.
His relationship with his father is put to the test as he continues to live through his ongoing secret, one he doesn't want to come out.
His promiscuous best friend Tori also has a secret she wants to share. A desire. One that needs fulfilling.
If My Father Only Knew explores identity, sex and beauty in today's society as well as the struggle of young people wishing to express their true self.
Written by Nathalie Bazán
Nathalie Bázan is a writer based in Birmingham. She established Lying Lips Theatre Company in 2014 and has gone to had sell out performances and four star critically acclaimed shows such as ‘A Slave to Love’, ‘Billy Young- A Life on Death Row’ , The Virgin Marias and recent success with debut performances of ‘Kanada’ earlier this year.
In 2017 she was selected to join the Write Away scheme with the Birmingham REP where she showcased ‘If My Father Only Knew’ as a devised performance.
This is Lying Lips Theatre Company’s fifth show with a devising twist!
Appearing as part of Old Joint Stocks programming for WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH. Our entire month of March is dedicated to exclusively female writers & directors
IF mY FaThEr OnLy Knew
Admit One - 7:30pm
|19:30 - 21:00||£12.00|
2 courses - Set Menu - 6pm
|18:00 - 19:25||£18.00|
4 Temple Row West B2 5NY
Birmingham City Centre
TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
Changes can be made to ticket purchases subject to availability and may not be an option for certain events. Changes will incur a £2.50 per ticket administration fee. This is offered at the discretion of the venue.
LATECOMERS - Please be aware that due to the intimate setting of the Old Joint Stock Theatre that latecomers MAY not be admitted. Please leave sufficient time for arrival as refunds will not be given if you cannot be admitted due to arriving late.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.