This celebration of the mating game takes on the truths and myths behind that contemporary conundrum known as ‘the relationship.’ Exploring the journey from dating and waiting to love and marriage, and the reveal of the agonies and triumphs of in-laws and newborns, trips in the family car and pick-up techniques of the geriatric set.
This hilarious revue pays tribute to those who have loved and lost, to those who have fallen on their face at the portal of romance, to those who have dared to ask, ‘Say, what are you doing Saturday night?’
OJSMTC are our resident Musical Theatre Company with critically acclaimed previous productions of RENT, AVENUE Q, DOGFIGHT, AMERICAN IDIOT & URINETOWN plus many more, who specialise in the modern musical.
“The Old Joint Stock Musical Theatre Company is without doubt a melting pot of talent” Love Midlands Theatre
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
A thoroughly enjoyable evening. Both the acting and singing was first class. I have not laughed so much for some time.
I am always telling friends about the Old Joint Stock and the productions you put on and I have never been disappointed in what I have seen. Keep up the good work.
visited Old Joint Stock Pub & Theatre on 17 Nov 2016
Excellent show. Fabulous acting & singing.
A very humorous and entertaining expose of all the anxieties surroiunidng relationships.
I wouls thoroughly recommend.
visited Old Joint Stock Pub & Theatre on 16 Nov 2016
Absolutely brilliant!! Never been to this theatre before but loved it. Such talent on my doorstep.
Recommended to me by a friend and I will definitely be seeing other productions. Well done to all involved.
visited Old Joint Stock Pub & Theatre on 13 Oct 2016
Love the cosy venue. The cast worked very hard with costume changes & lots of fine singing. Good show with some funny bits. Worthwhile & enjoyable.
visited Old Joint Stock Pub & Theatre on 29 Oct 2016
Completely worth it as the script is brilliant. The theater was quite basic for the price we paid, but those great actors and singers made us forget it and enjoy a lot.
I would definitely come back.
visited Old Joint Stock Pub & Theatre on 01 Nov 2016
I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change
An absolutely delightful show, I couldn't stop talking about it and I would love to see it again and again and again. :-)
visited Old Joint Stock Pub & Theatre on 25 Nov 2016
Thank you all so much to everyone involved in this production. I am not a fan of watching plays in a small space but I actually forgot I was in one. Thoroughly enjoyed myself and I will definitely be back.
visited Old Joint Stock Pub & Theatre on 09 Oct 2016
This is my first time at the OJST and I was skeptical about the small space. But I cannot be more grateful to give it a go with this perfect musical show! The cast is amazing. I REALLY REALLY CANNOT THINK a better cast! I really enjoyed that night and I will keep coming to the OJSMT productions for sure!! Please reach the cast and the team and tell them THANK YOU for doing their job so amazingly and professionally! I LOVE YOU YOU ARE PERFECT AND PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE!
visited Old Joint Stock Pub & Theatre on 23 Nov 2016
OJSMT always guarantee that you come away from their sparkling performances full of well being, a head full of songs and full of anticipation for their next, musical event. The talented cast along with the superb pianist aptly capture the bitter/sweetness of the vignettes. All this for £12! A genuine theatrical bargain!
A memorable evening and all for £12!
visited Old Joint Stock Pub & Theatre on 26 Oct 2016
Brilliant! The OJS Musical Theatre Company gets better and better. The OJS theatre is a wonderful, intimate venue - something Birmingham can be proud about. Looking forward to our next visit.
visited Old Joint Stock Pub & Theatre on 23 Nov 2016
My first visit to the OJS theatre and I loved it! Great show and the intimacy of the theatre makes it a unique venue. Will definitely be returning ... Have already booked for Tina T'Urner 😀
visited Old Joint Stock Pub & Theatre on 30 Oct 2016
small space means no hiding places for performers but none were needed. Poignant, witty takes on the whole relationships game with actors moving seamlessly between characters and styles of singing.
visited Old Joint Stock Pub & Theatre on 26 Sep 2016
26 Nov 2016 by
DesignMyNight Contact info
Ground Floor PG03
23-28 Penn Street
To contact the DesignMyNight office: