Perseids Meteor Shower BBQ and Watch Night
- Horsewyse CIC
The Perseids Meteor Shower is one of the most spectacular astronomical events that is visible to the naked eye. Peaking at over 150 shooting stars an hour, it is a show not to be missed. The peak night of the shower is predicted to be the night of Thursday 12th August 2021, however the shower lasts for a few weeks either side of this date, so should still be visible by the Saturday Night.
Situated in the countryside of Buckinghamshire, Horsewyse CIC is brilliantly placed to get a good view of this night time experience. We are far enough away from towns and cities, that there is minimal (if any) light pollution and the night sky is perfectly visible (weather permitting).
We would like to invite you to bring your chairs, tents, blankets etc and join us for a late evening BBQ and Nighttime watch of this astronomical occasion.
BBQ/Food and drink details:
There will be a BBQ manned through the evening, with both meat and vegetarian burgers and hotdogs available for purchase (£2.50 per additional burger/hot dog)
There will also be a hot water urn, with tea, coffee, and hot chocolate making facilities available for purchase (£1 per additional drink).
You are welcome to bring your own snacks and drinks to consume throughout the evening/night, we just request that you take rubbish home with you and do not bring alcohol as this is a family friendly event.
All taps on site are plumbed by drinking water, so feel free to refill any water bottles.
Please bring cash if you plan to purchase any additional food or drink - due to the location, internet signal for a card machine is intermittent so card paying facilities will not be available.
Each ticket holder is entitled to one free food item and one free hot drink as part of your entry.
Gates open: 8:30pm on Saturday 14th August
Last entry: 11:00pm on Saturday 14th August
Event Finishes: 3:00am On Sunday 15th August
Address: Horsewyse CIC, Westfield Farm, Westfield Road, Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire, HP18 9EW
Parking available on site and up road (combination of gravel parking and field parking)
Horsewyse CIC is an active stables and yard with toilet facilities.
BBQ will be hosted on the paved, lit, yard, and the meteor shower watching will be hosted in the fields.
Seating and heating are not provided, so please be sure to bring your own seating arrangements and dress appropriately.
As the event is outside, current COVID guidelines state that masks/face coverings are not necessary to be worn - however attendees are welcome to wear them if they feel more comfortable. Social distancing is also recommended and we will be encouraging people to set up their meteor watching seating 2m away from each other.
Hints and Tips for Watching Meteor Showers:
- Dress warmly - even though it is in the middle of summer, the temperature drops overnight and being stationary while watching the stars does not generate body heat. We recommend dressing warmer than you expect, and bringing additional blankets, coats, layers, etc.
- Be patient with your eyes and the sky - it can take up to 15 minutes for your eyes to adjust to the darkness and allow you see fainter stars and meteors. The Perseids are typically most visible between just before Midnight and Dawn.
- Don’t use your phone torches or white/yellow torch light - lights can inhibit your night vision and the vision of those around you. If you must light something to guide your way back to the toilet or stables, we recommend using a red light torch as it does not interfere with night vision. Red glow sticks will be available for purchase.
- Don’t worry about a telescope or binoculars - unless there are particular astronomical targets that you want to look at. The meteors cover the whole sky, so a telescope or binoculars would just limit your field of view.
Event Cancellation Possibilities:
Due to the weather dependent nature of the Meteor Shower, the event may have to be cancelled if inclement cloud cover is predicted.
At the time of creating this event, governmental guidelines allow for outside events to take place, however if this changes, the event may have to be cancelled or amended to stay in line with COVID guidelines.
If the event does not receive enough interest and is not viable to proceed, it may have to be cancelled.
Should the evening be cancelled, tickets will be refunded in line with Tonic Ticketing guidelines, and we endeavour to inform individuals as early as possible.
Horsewyse CIC is an active, functioning stables and yard, and accepts no responsibility for injury or loss of property - we advise that all attendees wear sensible shoes and clothing and pay attention to their surroundings while moving around the premises.
Horsewyse CIC, Westfield Farm, Westfield Road, Long Crendon, HP18 9EW
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.