Deep in Thomas Hardy's idyllic Dorset countryside is Summer Lodge, a five-star country house hotel where guests are welcome to enjoy lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner as well as an array of regular dining experiences. The Restaurant at Summer Lodge With the amazing local produce available on…
Afternoon Tea Academy Experience with PMD Tea
- No reviews.
- Summer Lodge
Summer Lodge is excited to offer guests a unique Afternoon Tea experience by enjoying a PMD Tea Academy
Nestled in the heart of Dorset, Summer Lodge offers the quintessential English tradition of Afternoon Tea and has been commended at the 2019 Afternoon Tea Awards.
By prior booking, Summer Lodge are offering guests the chance to enhance their knowledge of tea while enjoying this finest tradition. The Tea Academy experience is hosted by Dananjaya Silva, Managing Director of PMD Tea. Guests can enjoy a cup of all-time favourites such as Earl Grey or Lapsang Souchong whilst being invited to experience with those a little more exotic such as Lover’s Leap. Our Tea Tutorial perfectly marries the perfect cup of tea with our award-winning Afternoon Tea pastries.
Indulge in a delicious array of delicate finger sandwiches, accompanied by warm freshly baked scones piled high with Devonshire clotted cream and home-made preserves, and a selection of pastries including éclairs, tartlets, cupcakes and macarons.
- The PMD Tea Academy is by prior booking only.
- Experience detail: Guests receive full Afternoon Tea, hosted by Dananjay Silva (PMD Tea), with a selection of teas and an insight into our incredible range of single-estate Sri Lankan teas.
- Price – The experience is £240 + £40 per person (excluding service charge)
- Guests must book in advance as the experience is subject to availability. A 50% deposit per person is required to secure your booking.
About PMD Tea
P.M.David Silva & Sons was established in 1945 during the Plantation Raj in Ceylon’s world famous Dimbula Valley. The company was founded on Brunswick Estate in the fertile Maskeliya Valley as a small independent Tea Shop for tea plantation workers to gather, relax and enjoy a quality cup of tea. The business and the family soon expanded to become a specialist Tea Transporter and Plantation Supplier. Today, three generations on, we remain a family company bringing world’s most sought-after teas that are hand plucked and ethically sourced from the very people and estates that we have worked with." The philosophy that PMD Tea aims to embody is one of family values and both ethical and environmental sustainability.
9 Fore Street, DT2 0JR
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.