Joke's on You, Dementia!
- No reviews.
- Online Event
Join Alzheimer's Society for a side-splitting evening of comedy to leave your lockdown blues behind. Laughter really is the best medicine!
The evening will be hosted by Mock the Week star Hugh Dennis and to headline the night we have Alzheimer’s Society Ambassador and pioneer of the alternative comedy scene, Jo Brand! BBC Asian Network regular Eshaan Akbar will also be performing for you. Since starting stand-up in 2014, he has established himself on the comedy circuit performing three sell-out shows at the Edinburgh Fringe and has appeared on Mock the Week and QI. From the comfort of your sofa you will be joined by Stephen Bailey, star of Takeshi’s Castle and Celebrity Coach Trip, who will bring his friendly and open brand of gossipy humour. And last but by no means least, we will be able to enjoy the hilarious BBC Radio 4 regular Lucy Porter, who is a huge hit up and down the country with her feel-good comedy.
You can expect to laugh raucously while raising vital funds for everyone affected by dementia, without even leaving the house.
Tickets to Joke’s on You, Dementia! are free, but we ask that you please consider making a donation. Any gift you make will directly support hundreds of thousands of people affected by dementia through Alzheimer's Society's frontline services.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.