- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
Joan Findlay, Mary Wallis, Anne Knox, and Marilyn Goodman are together again with the Mike King Band, following last year’s sell-out debut concert. Each singer brings their own individual style to the group, and together they breathe life into songs old and new, from folk to jazz to blues….and much more. Performances include solos, duets and ‘together again’ harmonies to soothe the soul - and raise the roof!
Joan’s powerful voice and emotional interpretation of every genre from folk to musical theatre makes her a favourite at showcase events. Her love of vocal harmonising began in childhood, so duets particularly with sister Anne and a capella choirs are a particular passion.
Mary is a true musical chameleon, whose voice and stage presence captures the heart of every song, whatever the style. She performs in choirs, duets, and vocal harmony groups, while her 2018 one-woman show Learning to Fly Again confirmed her as an accomplished solo artiste.
Anne’s sensitive and haunting voice has delighted audiences as an individual performer and as a choir soloist. Initially favouring ballads and folk songs, she has developed a versatile talent and repertoire. Her album Someone Waits for Me was released last year.
Marilyn’s song-writing collaboration with Mike King has produced a varied and authentic mix of original songs in many styles, sung in Marilyn’s rich, mellow vocals and showcased on her 2022 album Coming Home. A new album, Let the Light In, is due for release in July.
The thread which binds these singers together is Mike King – vocal coach extraordinaire, music producer, choir leader, pianist and more, he has spread the joy of music and singing to performers and audiences in the UK, Europe, USA and Caribbean through his work with both community-based projects and professional artists.
Door Open 1hr before start time.
|14:00 - 16:00||£10.00|
Door Open 1hr before start time.
|19:30 - 21:30||£10.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
More from Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.