I'll Be Home For Christmas - Album Launch
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
I'll Be Home For Christmas
Gabriel Latchin (Piano)
Josh Morrison (Drums)
Dario Di Lecce (Bass)
Get into the swing of Christmas with the Gabriel Latchin trio. Selling out a holiday special gig at Pizza Express last year with; Josh Morrison on drums and Dario Di Lecce on bass, they decided to take to the studio and we’re delighted here, at Toulouse Lautrec, to host the album launch! You’ll be dying to brighten up your winter with I’ll Be Home For Christmas. Join us on Tuesday 15th of December 2020.
‘Pianist Gabriel Latchin makes playing jazz sound easy. That’s “easy” as in “enviably relaxed” - Nigel Jarrett, Jazz Journal.
With over 9million streams on Spotify with his second album, The Moon and I, released back in 2019, you’ll feel like you’re swinging down the WestSide of New York City when you give it a listen here. The British born jazz maestro; is certainly grabbing the world’s attention.
Enamoured with the “timeless quality” of a jazz trio, Gabriel and his band have been taking the UK jazz scene by storm, since the release of the first album, back in 2017. His achievements as a composer have been widely recognised, penning songs for his beloved family, taking you on a journey to where his heart lies in The Moon and I. With the latest album, you can feel a similar heart given to jazz greats as he imagines how Bill Evans would play, “I’ll Be Home For Christmas”, Ahmad Jamal “Rudolph”, and Monk treating you to “Santa Baby”.
As I’m sure most of will all be home for Christmas, why don’t you treat yourself to a festive wonder that is the Gabriel Latchin Trio; here with us, at Toulouse for the 2020 launch of I’ll Be Home For Christmas. We’ll provide the wine you provide the cheer! Book your tickets now:
SHORT INTERVIEW with Gabriel Latchin
1. What THREE words would best describe your act?
Joyful, swinging, straight-ahead
2. When it comes to 'Guilty Pleasures' is there a song we might be surprised by?
Jingle Bells is often considered old-hat these days. I've added a whole new bebop twist to it.
3. What is the biggest achievement in your career?
Definitely playing at Wigmore Hall in 2016 with the great Christian McBride and opera star Renée Fleming - incidentally also a Christmas show.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
Bill Evans (beautiful playing / harmony / arranging), Herbie Hancock (fearlessness and swing), Barry Harris (pure bebop)
TIER 2 "SUBSTANTIAL MEAL" RESTRICTIONS DO NOT APPLY TO JAZZ CLUB EVENTS
PROVIDED TICKETS ARE PURCHASED IN ADVANCED.
ONLY BAR FOOD & DRINKS AVAILABLE IN JAZZ CLUB
À LA CARTE DINING AVAILABLE IN THE MAIN RESTAURANT PRIOR TO SHOW
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 2 HOURS FOR DINNER RESERVATIONS
Doors: 6:30pm / Show: 7:30pm - 9:30pm
|19:00 - 21:30||£18.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
2) Seating is allocated and we ask that you do not move tables and chairs to ensure adequate social distancing.
3) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
4) Seating is allocated and we ask that you do not move tables and chairs to ensure social distancing between tables.
5) Tickets are non-refundable with 48 Hours of the event as standard.
6) ID Required for students & Musician Union Members