Post Craft//Post Punk – with Matthew Curtis
- No reviews.
Award-winning beer writer Matthew Curtis has made a name for himself with his writing and photography, produced for the likes of Ferment, Good Beer Hunting and on his blog Total Ales. He’s also known for his eclectic beer tastings, where he combines his passion for the beer industry with his love of talking excessively.
Especially for Manchester Beer Week, Matthew has devised a beer tasting with a difference that combines beer with his love of music, specifically post punk of the late 70s and early 80s.
In the cosy environment of the Beermoth tasting room, smack bang in the iconic Northern Quarter, Curtis will lead a tasting through six different beer styles, with beer selected from Beermoth’s own extensive selection. Between each beer Curtis will play one of his favourite post punk tracks, after explaining why he loves it so much in the first place.
This unusual juxtaposition will also give Matthew the opportunity to discuss the state of the craft beer industry – identifying a trend in the modern beer industry that is recognisably similar to one the music industry experienced a few decades ago. Rest assured there will be plenty of time for Q&A and copious amounts of discussion – in between your glass getting filled that is.
Includes six generous beer samples.
|19:30 - 21:30||£20.00|
Beermoth, 70, Tib Street, Manchester, M4 1LG
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.