Manchester cocktails and liquor wizards The Liquorists have announced the opening of a unique new concept bar on King Street, in partnership with Diageo Reserve Brands.
Taking over the former All Saints store at 52 King Street, Reserve By The Liquorists opens on Thurs 10th October for three months, and will combine a ground floor shop with a first floor cocktail bar, 'creative drinking experience', and events space.
The first floor bar will be open Tues - Saturday from 4pm until late, offering innovative bespoke and classic signature cocktails and locally brewed craft beers. Alongside the main bar offering, there'll also be a full schedule of events and themed nights including live music, interactive drinks master classes and special food and drink tastings.
Downstairs there'll be an upmarket liquor store where shoppers can taste and buy high end spirits including Tanqueray Gin, Ciroc Vodka, Don Julio Tequila, Johnnie Walker Whisky and Zacapa Rum.
Bringing the two spaces together, anyone who buys a bottle in the store will be able to pop upstairs to the bar, where The Liquorists' cocktail masters will be on hand to teach them how to use their new purchase to make a cocktail or signature serve at home. They’ll also receive a recipe card with step by step instructions to help them recreate the magic like a pro.
Tom Sneesby, co-founder of The Liquorists said “pairing up with a global force like Diageo Reserve Brands to bring a true first to the city is an exciting prospect. We’ve got a huge slate of events planned with some surprises to come towards Christmas. Reserve is about a total experience from retail to glass and we’re looking forward to bringing a bit of independent spirit to King Street.”
October Events at Reserve By The Liquorists
- Thurs 10th Vogue Fashion’s Night Out event sponsored by Grand Marnier from 6pm - an evening of glamour, music and cocktails with a delicious, French twist
- Fri 11th Johnnie Walker Evening, Masterclass at 6pm and 8pm
- Sat 12th ‘Tonight We Tanqueray’ Evening. Masterclass at 6pm, live music and gin bar from 8pm
- Tues 15th Ciroc and Ketel One Vodkas Evening. Masterclass at 6pm and 8pm
- Weds 16th Tanqueray Evening. Masterclass at 6pm and 8pm
- Thurs 17th Johnnie Walker and The Classic Malts Evening. Masterclass at 6pm/8pm
- Fri 18th Don Julio Tequila Evening. Masterclass at 6pm and 8pm
- Sat 19th Ron Zacapa Rum Evening. Masterclass 6pm and 8pm
- Tues 22nd Ketel One Vodka Evening. Masterclass at 6pm and 8pm
- Weds 23rd Don Julio Tequila Evening. Masterclass at 6pm and 8pm
- Thurs 24th Chateau Grand Marnier Evening with special guests
- Fri 25th Ciroc Vodka Evening. Masterclass 6pm. Music and DJ from 8pm
- Sat 26th ‘Tonight with Tanqueray’ Evening. Masterclass at 6pm, live music and gin bar from 8pm
The bar opens to the public Thurs 10th October with an exclusive event in celebration of Vogue Fashion’s Big Night Out. Each week the bar and event space will be open Tuesday-Saturday from 4pm until late, admittance is free and open to over 18s only. The event space is also available for hire and for Christmas parties. The Liquorists’ infamous interactive masterclasses start at £10, redeemable against a purchase on the ground floor. The bar area remains open to the public while masterclasses and other events take place.