Monkey Business Comedy Club
- No reviews.
- 67 Pizza Lounge Bar
Barnaby is a sharp gag-smith, story-teller and naturally spontaneous MC. Versatile and quick thinking - he manages to endear audiences to his jokes with a poise and charm that allows them to understand where he's coming from and feel comfortable in his world. Over the years Barnaby has performed weekend 20 spots across the UK including performances at The Comedy Cafe in London, the Comedy Store in London and Manchester, as well as at The Empire in Belfast, Komedia in Brighton and Ginglik, Jongleurs, Up The Creek, The Kings Head, The Phoenix Club and many more. Barnaby reached the semi-final of the BBC New Comedy competition and has also performed regularly in America at The Comedy Store and The Improv in LA as well as the Upright Citizens Brigade LA and New York
champion of left wing politics TV personality and comedian
She performs all over the UK and around the world at major clubs She also writes and tours an annual solo show of highbrow left wing comedy under the name The News At Kate which has been a feature of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival since 2009. In 2013 she won a Three Week's Editor's Choice Award naming her one of the ten best things about the Edinburgh Fringe!Kate is often a guest on news and debate shows and is well known for her forthright opinions and campaigning work. Appearances include the BBC's flagship political debate show Question Time as well as BBC 1's The Big Questions, BBC Breakfast, BBC News 24, Channel 4 News, Channel 5 News, ITV News, ITV This Morning, Sky News, BBC Radio 2 Jeremy Vine Show, BBC 5live, BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour, BBC Radio 4 The Moral Maze. In 2012 Radio 4's Four Thought series included a 15-minute program written and performed entirely by Kate about sexist humour and sexism in comedy. One clip of her setting the world to rights even went super-viral under the name "Athiest B!tchslap".She also writes for publications from Cosmopolitan to both the Guardian and the Independent and is the Vice Chair and Media Spokesperson for campaign group Abortion Rights UK.Kate is a writer for the BBC Three political comedy show The Revolution Will Be Televised and the UK's leading political satire show Have I Got News For You?
Delivers a potent set with resonant clarity and a biting intent aligned with her stage persona, which is both formidable and wry.” – Ben Walters (The Scotsman)“Aletia gave a great performance full of passion and humour. The audience loved it.” ✭✭✭✭✭ – Patrick Harrington (Counter Culture)“Challenging and courageous. This lady in red shines like a newborn star.” – Kevin Short (International Times)“A Queer Love Of Dix is a quality piece of theatre and performance art…a well-crafted script and beautifully sung songs…a performance of mastery.” ✭✭✭✭✭ – Mark Calvert (Mumble)“Aletia Upstairs, a spectacular performance artist and scholar…masterly construct…skilful intermediacy.” ✭✭✭✭✭ – James O’Brien (Edinburgh Festival.org)“Important and inspirational work; The words, and songs,are spoken and sung with such thought-provoking purity and love.” – Kevin Short (International Times)“One of those little Edinburgh Fringe gems — Upstairs is joyful, sulky, sexy and seductive as Mata Hari. Do go and see this if you can.” ✭✭✭✭✭ – Carrie Gooch (ScotsGay)“A strong performance that includes attractive and evocative singing.” ✭✭✭✭ – Theatre Guide London“Strong, melodic and dramatic delivery…Evocatively punctuates the narrative with songs.” – The Stage“She can write, she understands the use of irony.” – BPM Magazine“Knows how to own a stage…her style was refreshing, moody and beautiful.” – The South African“Aletia was mind-blowing.” – Live Jam TV“She has an earthy, raw voice with a lot of potential and honest emotion. Her down-tempo songs are her true strength.” – London Music Blog + Highly entertaining drag queen RUBY VIOLET Ruby Violet burst on to the scene in 2018 and is making her mark up and down the county. From the deepest depths of Essex Ruby has crawled her way into showbiz. From touring the world singing on cruise ships to the pubs and clubs of the UK, Ruby will dazzle you with her own brand of campery. Last year she was nominated for a QX cabaret award for best drag queen.
<p><br></p><p>with exciting compelling performers </p><p>cabaret ,comedy , burlesque ,drag vintage </p><p>and lots more </p>
|20:00 - 23:00||£15.00|
Camden Cabaret student
|20:00 - 23:00||£10.00|
67 Pizza Lounge Bar, 43, Chalk Farm Road, London, NW1 8AJ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.