Lights, Camera, Action!
- No reviews.
- Mirth, Marvel and Maud
Join A Door In A Wall on location for their latest production, starring… you!
Stepping inside a glorious art deco cinema, You'll travel back to the Golden Age of Hollywood and film a series of mini masterpieces.
Sourcing scripts, courting characters, solving puzzles and exploring the venue will reveal the essential ingredients to make your movies a success. You'll then step into the studio yourselves and let the cameras roll. Your team can make two mini movie masterpieces during the evening, scoring points as you compete to scoop the statuettes at the big awards ceremony at the end of the night. Then, after the game, we’ll send you your finished movies to share with all your fans!
Will you win Best Picture for your wild Western? Best Actor for your breathtaking B Movie? Or the coveted Best Studio award for gaining the most moviemaking points?
Whether you’re into classic movies, live games, immersive theatre, vintage cosplay or you just want a night out with a difference, you’ll have a five-star experience in the Golden Age of Hollywood with Lights, Camera, Action!
Tickets will go on sale at 12:00 noon on Friday 11th January 2019
In Lights, Camera, Action! You’ll be trying to make it big in the movies. You’ll source scripts and follow clues and characters to learn how to construct the perfect genre flick. You’ll get to film two tiny films in our cosy studios during the night, which we’ll then edit and appraise, before the evening concludes with a glitzy ceremony to screen some clips and honor the best efforts.
How does the game work?
You’ll be trying to score the most points across the pictures you film. Each genre (comedy, crime, historic epic, sci-fi-horror and western) will have a list of things to include to score points. Some you’ll know right away and some you’ll have to discover! Interacting with some of the characters around the venue, following leads and solving the occasional puzzle will yield rewards and bonuses to make your movies the toast of the town.
How long does it last?
It runs from 18:30 - 22:30, so 4 hours all in all. As long as you arrive by 19:30, though, you’ll still have time to start your journey to stardom.
Where is it held?
We’re working at the fabulous Mirth, Marvel & Maud in Walthamstow, a site steeped in cinematic history! The current building opened in the 1930s as Granada Cinema, but there are records of films being shown on the site as early as 1896.
The address is 186 Hoe St, Walthamstow, London E17 4QH, just a five minute walk from Walthamstow Central station.
Will there be food and drink available?
Of course! Mirth, Marvel & Maud will be serving a choice of delicious food throughout the night for you to enjoy. Check out the options here. As for drinks, well, both their bars will be open all night to really get the creative juices flowing. Have a look at their fabulous Cocktail Ticket Booth options here.
Is this an outdoor game?
No - all the movie magic is contained inside a single venue, scattered across the magnificent spaces within Mirth, Marvel & Maud.
Is this a period game?
Yes. The story is set in 1950, and the venue and scripts reflect this. But don’t worry, film sets are always on the lookout for new technology, so there’s no need to leave your phone behind.
Is there a dress code?
If you want to make it in Hollywood, you’ll want to look the part. You can find a whole range of style suggestions at this link. Rest assured you won’t be turned away though, whatever costume you’re wearing.
Is this a team game?
Yes - your studio needs a mix of creative minds to be a success! We’d recommend you come along in groups of 3-6, but don’t worry if there’s only two of you.
What should I bring?
Other than big dreams, and even bigger smiles? A charged smartphone and a pen will come in handy, as will some talented friends to fill the cast sheet. A witty name for your ensemble never goes amiss either.
Lights, Camera, Action! Ticket
You will need one ticket for each member of your team. Doors open at 18:30 - players should arrive by 19:00 Tickets will not be available on the door.
|18:30 - 22:30||£32.50|
Lights, Camera, Action! Group Member Tickets (20+)
These tickets are at a discounted rate for groups of 20 or more. You will need one ticket for each member of your team. Doors open at 18:30 - players should arrive by 19:00 Tickets will not be available on the door.
|18:30 - 22:30||£29.25|
186 Hoe Street, Walthamstow E17 4QH
Walthamstow Central (Tube)
Getting thereGett £15 off for first riders with code DMNGETT
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13: An email is required upon purchasing your ticket so that we can send you purchase confirmation, as well as information pertaining to the details of the event itself. We will never use your data for marketing purposes. By purchasing a ticket, you are consenting to this arrangement.