MARS & BEYOND
- Bargehouse, OXO Tower Wharf
Our planetary home is struggling.
The ice caps have rapidly melted, the water level has risen.
Farming of animals and mining oil has spoiled its atmosphere and its soil.
We have set the Earth on fire and suffocated it with plastic pollutants.
Is leaving the Blue Planet to colonise the Solar System a solution for humanity?
Are we ready for a fresh start and a new adventure?
Or should we focus on fixing things here first?
Can you afford to leave our planet, or will you stay to restore the balance?...
Through ‘Mars & Beyond’ –– a unique, interactive and immersive experience packed with art, talks, film screenings, music, VR, AR and performance –– we will ponder these questions.
‘Mars & Beyond’ merges two critical themes of the 21st century: firstly, the catastrophic rise in global warming, deforestation, animal species extinction and plastic pollution in our oceans; and secondly, the revival of the space race.
The vast immersive experience, taking place across five floors of Southbank’s iconic Bargehouse, will explore the human race now and in the future. Examining the science of our planet and presenting imaginative alternative futures, ‘Mars & Beyond’ will be an unforgettable experience, aiming to educate, caution, entertain and inspire audiences of all ages.
Set at the close of the 21st century, ‘Mars & Beyond’ looks back in time to the year 2020 – our present day – creating a perspective, through the artistic lens, from which to consider solutions for the current state of our planet.
The brainchild of visionary artist Oskar Krajewski, the show welcomes everyone, from young to old, lovers of art, the Earth and science fiction. Krajewski is the founder of creative studio Art-Recyclism, and for ‘Mars & Beyond’ will collaborate with more than 30 artists and contributors, including Greenpeace, Sci-Fi London and Flux.
As we look for solutions and try to predict our future, things may not seem optimistic or sustainable.…but we believe art can play an important role in our survival!
|DRESS REHEARSAL||17:00 - 22:00||£20.00|
|VIP & PRESS NIGHT||17:00 - 22:30||£30.00|
|14:00 - 20:00||£5.00|
|Students: Mon-Thurs (Afternoon slot)||14:00 - 17:30||£8.00|
|Students: Mon-Thurs (Evening slot)||18:00 - 21:45||£12.00|
|Students: Fri-Sat (Afternoon slot)||14:00 - 17:30||£10.00|
|Students: Fri-Sat (Evening slot)||18:00 - 22:30||£15.00|
|Students: Sunday||14:00 - 22:30||£15.00|
|Adults: Mon-Thurs (Afternoon slot)||14:00 - 17:30||£12.00|
|Adults: Mon-Thurs (Evening slot)||18:00 - 21:45||£15.00|
|Adults: Fri-Sat (Afternoon slot)||14:00 - 17:30||£15.00|
|Adults: Fri-Sat (Evening slot)||18:00 - 22:30||£20.00|
|Adults: Sunday||14:00 - 22:30||£20.00|
Barge House Street, SE1 9PH
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.