A neighbourhood restaurant and bar - from breakfast to dinner, cocktails or just a nightcap - Park’s Edge is the place to eat deliciously vibrant modern British food, drink and relax in the heart of Herne Hill. All the food is prepared from scratch with an emphasis on using fresh seasonal ingredients…
The Poetry of Alexander 'King' Paul
- No reviews.
- Park's Edge Bar and Kitchen
Following June's reading event with celebrated international author, Louise Candlish, this time, our focus is the profound book, 'Climbing Clouds Catching Comets' by Alexander 'King' Paul, a collection of his poems, spoken word pieces and innermost thoughts.
Sadly, Alexander passed away last year, aged 23 following a difficult battle with terminal brain cancer. His mother, Joanna Brown will read, alongside two performance poets.
Climbing Clouds Catching Comets has been described by Afua Hirsch as clambering "inside the mind of a writer whose talent fizzes on the page."
The reading will focus on some of Alexander's writings on social issues including themes of family, love, identity, homelessness, loneliness and isolation and will pay tribute to both Alexander and his book.
Entry to the event is FREE - the book will be on sale that evening and all book proceeds will go to the Alexander Paul Organisation.
A Small Plates and Bar Menu will be available for those wanting to enjoy quality dishes, wine and cocktails and doors open for dining at 6pm. The reading starts at 7.45pm.
The ticket entitles you to free entry to the reading. (Doors open from 6pm for dining).
|19:30 - 21:45||Free admission|
49 – 51 Norwood Road, SE24 9AA
Herne Hill (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.