Survivors Collective: Acting Out!
- No reviews.
- Canvas Cafe
An empowering evening telling stories of childhood sexual abuse and living as survivors through poetry.
Presented as part of Tellit: The UK's First Ever Festival of True-Life Storytelling
Telling our stories of childhood sexual abuse.
This devised performance will use poetry from members of the Survivors' Collective to tell our stories about childhood abuse and living as survivors.
We will follow the performance with a Q&A session with the performers and the show's deviser.
The Survivors' Collective is run by and for survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Our focus is on activism to get our voice heard, improve understanding of survivors' needs, improve services and ultimately to break the cycle of abuse. We do this through creative projects and collective action.
|Standard||19:30 - 20:30||£5.00|
42 Hanbury Street E1 5JL
Aldgate East (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.