Late Night: Sublime Symmetry
- Guildhall Art Gallery
Unleash your inner artist for a night of arts, crafts, workshops, talks, music and cocktails at Guildhall Art Gallery’s next late event, inspired by the launch of new exhibition, Sublime Symmetry. Attendees will have the chance to discover over 80 works by the Victorian Ceramicist, William De Morgan, as well as indulge in all manner of inspired activities. Cocktail specialists, the Anthologist, will be on hand to provide refreshments for the evening.
Fantastical Flights of Artistic Fancy
Take an artistic journey with Rachel Gadsden inspired by the creative and imaginary worlds of Dante Gabriel Rossetti and William De Morgan. Gadsden will guide you through expressionist drawing and painting processes to create a vibrant and dynamic panel using acrylic paint and collage enabling you to take away your own artwork.
Create a De Morgan-inspired creature
Combine your inner artist and your mathematical aptitude to create your own clay creature, as a tribute to the intricate designs of William De Morgan.
Wear your love of De Morgan’s designs on your face with Squiggle and Wiggles, who are bringing their face art magic to the Gallery.
“It is easier to square a circle than to get round a mathematician”: the wit and wisdom of Augustus De Morgan
Learn more about De Morgan’s father, Augustus, an accomplished mathematician, in a talk from Dr June Barrow-Green. Though he did not follow in his father’s footsteps, William was nonetheless skilled in the study.
Join a magical adventure exploring the fantastical beasts and the fairy-tales of De Morgan's sister, Mary, in a session sure to conjure images of William De Morgan’s vivid ceramics.
Relax in a beanbag and take a moment to calm the mind with some mindful colouring. inspired by De Morgan’s intricate patterns.
Exhibition Curator Sarah Hardy will also be offering 15-minute introductions to the exhibition and highlight particular works.
Guildhall Art Gallery, Guildhall Art Gallery, Guildhall Yard, London, EC2V 5AE
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
Guildhall Art Gallery
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue operates a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.