Earth - A Children's Story for Adults
- No reviews.
- Bridewell Theatre
After creating the immensely lovable Letters, Kashyap Raja returns to Bridewell Theatre with his new play Earth - A Children's Story for Adults.
Earth is a story about a little boy Drop who dreams of becoming an astronaut. Every night he looks at the sky and wonders about the existence of stars and planets. Earth takes a human form and quenches his curiosity by narrating stories about the Sun, the moon and the little stars shining in the sky.
They begin to form a transcended bond but a natural calamity wrecks their lives and compels drop to begin a voyage to an alternate planet. Earth warns him that no one in the Universe will accept humans and their only hope is to save Earth. Bewildered by the challenges of finding a new world and confused by the existential crisis of nature, Drop finally asks Earth that why does she only talk to him?
This play is a reminiscent of the mystical and curious connection we have with nature as a child and why it's important to nurture this connection as we grow up. Hence, a children’s story for adults.
The play raises the issues of climate change and proposes sustainability as a solution. The play is also built sustainably where discarded furniture and reusable coco bricks are used to built the set. To know more about the play, check the link - https://www.earthonstage.org/
Cast and Crew
Tim Atkinson as Drop
Vaneesa Toral Diaz as Earth
Lights and Sound by Carrey Choomsoonthorn
Stage Manager - Meghan Bartual Smyth
Assistant Stage Manager - Charlie Heptinstall
Written and Directed by Kashyap Raja
Bridewell Theatre, 14 Bride Ln, London EC4Y 8EQ
Dates -31st January 2023 to 4th February 2023
Time - 07:30 PM (Tuesday to Friday) , 3:30 PM (Saturday)
Tickets - £15.00,£12.00
Press for Kashyap Raja's other productions
“Issues of consent, ownership, and entitlement are rife in our current political climate. Kashyap Raja brilliantly brings artificial intelligence to the same discussion” ★★★★ Reviewsgate on Version 2.0
"as a play, it really worked for me on every level. The writing and acting were totally engaging and I was quickly invested in the story of Mary and Josh…hopefully, this lovely play will be back doing the rounds very soon" ★★★★★ LondonTheatre1 on Letters
|General||19:30 - 21:00||£15.00|
People in receipt of Pension Credit, Universal Credit, Income Support or Job Seekers allowance, Students, NHS Staff Members, Children (12–18 years) and disabled people (with free entry for one carer) are entitled to a concession discount.
|19:30 - 21:00||£12.00|
Bridewell Theatre, 14 Bride LN, LONDON, EC4Y 8EQ
St. Pauls (Tube)
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
Fourth Wall Productions
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.