Miranda Conquest is Britain’s top celebrity chef. One problem: she can’t cook. When her marriage sours and her secret is splashed all over the media, she has no choice but to get serious in the kitchen. Cooked is a dark comedy exploring celebrity culture, control, and how best to get even in the kitchen…
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. Latecomers may not be admitted.
6. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
7 Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
8. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
9. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
10. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
11. Cast and creative team are subject to change and any changes provide no justification for possible refunds.
12. This production features occasional bad language.
The Bread & Roses Theatre
An innovative and award-winning fringe pub theatre in Clapham.
Cooked was clever and funny. We enjoyed the simple set, quick-witted dialogue and the intimate space. The attached pub is re-opening soon (possibly already?) and that will add another reason to go back to the theatre.
visited The Bread & Roses Theatre on 11 May 2016
This short play was seriously funny with a serious message. It was well acted and tightly written. Brilliant use of a small space to imply different locations. We all really enjoyed it very much.
visited The Bread & Roses Theatre on 02 Apr 2016
Sharp, quick witted and a perfect way to spend a Friday night in this intimate and very 'different' environment above the pub. I would definitely recommend for a relaxing and easy going evening.
visited The Bread & Roses Theatre on 13 May 2016
Sharp, hilarious, and terrifyingly astute. One of the best theatre trips I've had in a long time. Can't believe it only ran for two weeks and I hope it has another life somewhere else!
visited The Bread & Roses Theatre on 25 Apr 2016
Very funny, if dark, and believable. Excellent performances by both of the cast, who steered just clear of caricature and managed real emotional punch. Especially enjoyed Pia Fitzgerald's dream sequences which achieved a perfect blend between the surreal and the mundane. All in all, a well cooked meal with a number of interesting, contrasting and tasty courses.
visited The Bread & Roses Theatre on 17 Mar 2016
Superbly paced, structured and scripted dark comedy about celeb culture, with a good dose of gender concerns thrown in. We really enjoyed this and will be keen to see what Christopher Adams comes up with next. Such taut, barbed dialogue, performed with suitable hints of madness and approaching frenzy by the onstage duo of Timothy Allsop (who also directs -- and very well!) and Pia Fitzgerald as Miranda Conquest, the cook who can't. Highly recommended.
visited The Bread & Roses Theatre on 05 May 2016
Witty and dark, "Cooked" is punchy and delightfully entertaining. Brilliant performances by the two lead actors make this show an unpredictable, fast-paced thrill. "Cooked" is a story of love, deception and bittersweet vindication that packs a few twists and turns along the way. Would highly recommend!
visited The Bread & Roses Theatre on 17 Apr 2016
Funny and trenchant and surprisingly nuanced. The comic timing of the two leads is spot on. The denouement was very satisfying and the turning point was really delightful. Recommended A+!
visited The Bread & Roses Theatre on 27 Apr 2016
07 May 2016 by
DesignMyNight Contact info
Ground Floor PG03
23-28 Penn Street
To contact the DesignMyNight office: