Meet Rob, the sullen longest standing employee of Galaxy Comics, along with new recruit and sickeningly perky millennial Charlie, in this fascinating insight into life behind the counter of the premier ‘boutique’ collectibles and comics emporium of outer Croydon.
Join the nerdy duo to laugh and cry as they battle it out for the new junior manager position in store, and cringe as they handle the very worst customers you can meet in this piece of original writing by Neil James. For One Shall Stand; And One Shall Fall (or go and get the tea in!)
Black Books Meets High Fidelity, containing strong amounts of nerd humour.
Rob Deb is well known on the comedy circuit for his batman-themed satirical stand up, having played at some of London’s most prestigious cabaret evenings. In 2008 he met Charlie Bond, an accomplished screen actress with a background in indie movies and the pair have been whining about film reboots ever since. Neil James is an independent filmmaker and writer from Eastbourne by day and a masked seaside vigilante by night.Twitter @ComicsAndBeyond, @MissCharlieBond and @RobDeb
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. Latecomers may not be admitted.
6. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
7 Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
8. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
9. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
10. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
11. Cast and creative team are subject to change and any changes provide no justification for possible refunds.
12. This production contains bad language.
A Performing Arts Festival in south London, from 20th October to 6th November 2016. Taking place at the innovative and award-winning Bread & Roses Theatre.
"A brand new, egalitarian performing arts festival... Clapham Fringe aims to celebrate and foster emerging talent by offering an affordable stage for comedy and drama." - South West Londoner