Behind Closed Doors
- Streets of Spitalfields
Behind closed doors is an immersive outdoor show taking over the streets of East London. Inspired by choose-your-own-adventure books, this individual theatrical experience takes you through a labyrinth of stories inspired by the lives of a small community. From comic to tragic, romantic to absurd, stories explore themes of intimacy, how neighbourhood stories connect and how strangers’ perceptions can define us.
Visitors are invited to access a mobile website using their own phones and headphones and to follow clues taking them across the iconic streets of Spitalfields. The show combines sound design, mobile technology, art installations and live performances behind house windows.
About the company: 27 degrees is a multicultural collective of artists creating immersive audience experiences in unusual spaces. We believe the arts should not only take place behind the closed doors of theatres, and all a theatre company needs is a solid suitcase and a sense of adventure. We perform in public spaces, museums, tunnels, crypts or in the middle of woods. Our work interweaves storytelling with sound design, music, dance and installation to create socially-engaged shows that resonate with the contemporary world.
Practical details: this is an individual audio experience lasting about 45 minutes. You will need a mobile phone with access to mobile data and a pair of headphones. You can book a timeslot as a group but each audience member will have an individual experience. The experience takes place outdoors and social distancing can be respected at all times.
Age guidance: 14+
Accessibility: the experience includes transcripts for D/deaf audiences. Please contact us if you have any other access requirements and we will endeavour to assist.
Refunds and exchanges: the event has been designed to take place during the Covid-19 pandemic and the event may be adapted or rescheduled based on the latest government guidelines. Tickets will be exchanged or refunded if the event has to be rescheduled or cancelled. Please do not attend if you present any coronavirus symptoms and we will refund or reschedule your ticket. All refunds and exchanges will require a minimum of 24 hours notice.
|7pm||19:00 - 19:45||£15.00|
|7.05pm||19:05 - 19:50||£15.00|
|7.10pm||19:10 - 19:55||£15.00|
|7.15pm||19:15 - 20:00||£15.00|
|7.20pm||19:20 - 20:05||£15.00|
|7.25pm||19:25 - 20:10||£15.00|
|7.30pm||19:30 - 20:15||£15.00|
|7.35pm||19:35 - 20:20||£15.00|
|7.40pm||19:40 - 20:25||£15.00|
|7.45pm||19:45 - 20:30||£15.00|
|7.50pm||19:50 - 20:35||£15.00|
|7.55pm||19:55 - 20:40||£15.00|
|8pm||20:00 - 20:45||£15.00|
|8.05pm||20:05 - 20:50||£15.00|
|8.10pm||20:10 - 20:55||£15.00|
|8.15pm||20:15 - 21:00||£15.00|
Streets of Spitalfields, Starting point: Christ Church Spitalfields, Commercial Street, London, E1 6LY
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase apart from reasons related to the Covid-19 pandemic (see ‘Refunds and exchanges’ in the event details).
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 14 years of age. Identification may be required.