Alice in Streamingland: A Binge-Worthy Musical Pantomime Live Stream!
- Online Event
Did you miss out on the live-stream?! We've made the stream available to watch 'til 10 Jan 2021. Simple purchase a ticket between now and the 10 Jan 2021 and you will receive a unique link straight away by email. Tickets are just £10!
This adult musical pantomime finds Alice following the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole into Interflixland, Disney C Minusland, and iPlayerland as she struggles to get home. Will the Evil Queen of Hearts take over as Vice President of Global TV, will The White Knight win through with his new “Made in Streamingland” reality show, or will Alice triumph against all odds as she records her journey for her TokTik channel?
Along the way, she’ll meet all the familiar Wonderland characters - but with a twist - who would have thought that the Queen of Hearts would be played by RuPaul, The White Rabbit by Joe Exotic, The Cheshire Cat by Moira Rose, or the Duchess by Dot Cotton?!
This show is strictly 16+
Alice in Streamingland ran for two weeks in December 2020 and was one of just a handful of LIVE pantomimes to be running in London’s west end this winter, performed under social distancing measures to ensure cast and audience safety.
What the critics say:
Daily Mail: “A curiosity” ***
London Theatre 1: “acerbic wit and irresistible charm” ****
The Reviews Hub: “impossible not to have fun”
Musical Theatre Musings: “very clever”
West End Wilma: "The cast are all amazing and all have brilliant singing voices" ***
London Unattached: "Camp fun"
GScene: "Dizzying special effects"
Alice in Streamingland is written by Colin Savage, an Executive Producer with twenty years’ experience in the world of TV and social media. With Alice in Streamingland, he smashes together his experience of TV memes with years of knowledge playing a traditional pantomime Dame all over the country. The set cleverly involves video backgrounds and live cameras to create an amazing mix between staged theatre and television, with ten thumping songs performed by West End actor-singers.
Cast & Creatives:
Sofie Kaern as Alice
Sofie will be making her debut on the British theatre scene by taking on the role of Alice.
She has recently graduated from the MA Music Theatre at Royal Central School of Drama where she was incredibly lucky to finish her year off in an online streamed and socially distanced performance of the musical ‘Catch Me’.
Twitter & Instagram @Sofiekaern
Colin Savage as Queen of Hearts
Colin Savage is an actor, singer, musician, writer who trained at the Drama Studio London and the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. He has performed in numerous pantomimes over the years, and spends each summer acting Shakespeare in Cambridge. He has travelled the world headlining on P&O World Cruises, performed and hosted in the West End, and appeared in many short films and music videos. Colin worked as an Executive Producer in television for the BBC for twenty years before leaving to pursue his performance career.
Twitter & Instagram: @colinsavageuk
Richard Dawes as White Knight & Caterpillar
A Graduate of London School Of Musical Theatre, Richard is a highly skilled singer, seasoned pantomime performer. As seen entertaining audiences as Peter Pan and Jack in the beanstalk in Brighton Hippodrome 2018/2019, and on the fringe theatre circuit in Imagine this at Union theatre; My Lands Shore at the Rose and Crown and Orton the Musical at Above the Stag. Richard has spent several years performing across the Globe with Carnival Cruise Line America.
Twitter & Instagram @richarddawes
Matt Bateman as White Rabbit, Mad Hatter & Knave of Hearts
Matt Bateman is an experienced performer, and has been seen on stages around the world, including in Phantom of the Opera in the West End, and most recently in Sweeney Todd at The English Theatre Frankfurt. He is delighted to be back performing, and especially at the Phoenix Arts Club, a place he holds very close to his heart.
Twitter & Instagram: @MattBateman1991
Laura Hyde as Black and White Cat & Duchess
Laura is excited to be back at The Phoenix Arts Club, a place she holds dearly, to be appearing in Alice in Steamingland! It's fortunate to be her second pandemic credit, having appeared in an open air tour of Two Gentleman of Verona this summer with British Touring Shakespeare.
She's somewhat of an adult panto veteran having appeared in Dick! And Dick Comes Again! At The Leicester Square Theatre back in 2013/14 and she can't wait be back performing again to round off this slightly crazy year.
Twitter & Instagram @lauraruthiehyde
Music Arrangements: James Doughty
Sound and Lighting Design: Nathan Etherington and Daisy Hebblewhite
Produced by: Phoenix Artist Club Ltd for Phoenix Arts Club
Live Stream TIcket
You will receive a unique link to watch the live stream as part of your ticket confirmation. Available to watch 'til Jan 10 2021.
|19:00 - 20:45||£10.00|
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.