The Islington Metal Works in North London is a fully licensed, flexible event space. Found tucked behind Angel tube, this warehouse space, built in the late 19th century hosts some of the most famous, unique and eclectic events in the city. The disorientating layout of this incredible warehouse…
Rumpus: Majorettes & Minarets
Tickets on sale at 12:00pm on 24th August.
We have SOLD OUT in a record 5 Days!
Dearest Musical, Marching and Maculate Creatures
We’re not going to let the end of Summer bring the end of festival silliness: we’re just going to bring it indoors with a celebration of two of our favourite things: marching bands and architectural features. The fact is, the only thing that makes us happier than synchronised sequins and twirling batons are architraves, minarets, and flying buttresses.
Here at Rumpus HQ we’re dusting off our epaulettes and brushing up on mace drill. So are you plain Doric, classical Ionic or OTT Corinthian up top? I like big buttresses and I cannot lie, as my brother will testify – a hint in case you were undecided. Buck up your baton twirling, unpack your drum break out the sequins and prepare for synchronised sparkling.
Tease your eardrums with our playlist on Soundcloud here
Dress code suggestions:
Crenellated couples; Dapper Drum Majors; Bad-ass Basilicas; Zig-zag Ziggurats; Synchronised, sequined swingers; Tasty Tall Towers; Decorous Domes; Unique Uniforms; Curvaceous Cupolas; Parading Pariahs; Jewel-Bedecked Bonobos; Marchers with maces; Renaissance Revellers; Gothic Gyrators; Byzantine Batons; Knaves in the nave; Beats in the Belfry; Arch-nemeses.
(more acts to be announced)
Rumba de Bodas – gyrate to an eclectic mix of homegrown salacious swing, Latin vibes and upbeat Ska creating a concatenation of carnival jazziness that will set your shoes stomping.
King Punch – skank, bounce and drive through the night with these energetic purveyors of Ska-Punk.
Fiesta Bombarda – bringing the festival into the room. Carnival-esque caperings and sunshine inspired sounds, trip the light fantastic through fiesta funtimes.
King Cassady – let the hypnotic Latin rhythms and interwoven guitars strum you to dervish dance floor ecstasy
Great Malarky – whirl, stomp and dance away the night with these hot-blooded folk.
Undo your uniform, cast off your crenellations and relax to a selection of really quite talented and stimulating bands
The Forro Family – Join in with this talented troupe workshopping slow and sensual, Brazilian-flavoured partner dancing.
Architecture within an architectural device. Mind-bendingly satisfying. A thing inside a thing. And where better to practice formation marching than our very own inside outside space?
The Wonderland Café
the epitome of civilized sophistication. Tea and cakes with these magical and charitable Wonderland creatures.
VJ Harper Marching magificently onto the parade ground with mad visuals and fresh beats.
Rumpus Presents: Ellis and Rose’s Crap Comedy Club
We are effervescent to be able to announce the return of this most exclusive comedy gig. In a super-secret VIP location, you’ll need to talk your way past the bouncer to be able to partake in toilet humour at its very best.
Big names to be revealed. Competition for this select venue is stiff.
|Super Quantum Ticket of Doom||22:00 - 06:00||£12.50|
|Super Cheap Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£15.00|
|Super Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£18.00|
|Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£20.00|
|General Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£25.00|
7, Torrens St, EC1V 1NQ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.