The Islington Metal Works in North London is a fully licensed, flexible event space. Found tucked behind Angel tube, this warehouse space, built in the late 19th century hosts some of the most famous, unique and eclectic events in the city. The disorientating layout of this incredible warehouse…
Rumpus: Captains vs Bandits!
- The Islington Metal Works
Tickets on sale at 12:00pm on 26th October.
Our last Rumpus sold out in less than a week.
To avoid potentially life-crushing disappointment, we urge you to get ready to pounce.
Buckle on your bandoleers and gather your hordes of hairy outlaws; or marshal the troops, trim your sails, summon the Home Guard or park your star ship: the madcap tournament that is Rumpus is here.Dashing Captains and outrageous Bandits, for one night, across seven rooms and 8 hectic hours Rumpus aims to energise, intrigue and tantalise. So don your best dress uniform, shrug on your Sou’wester, polish your pistols and mask up! Ride into the world where DJs deliver drop-dead divine beats, acrobats perform fantastic feats and feints of Circus and roving artists roam.
Whether you’re a Hero of the Handle-bar with military bearing or a Patron of the Pancho Villa and a devilish desperado, you will cease your squabbles, and forget your feuds distracted by the wonders that are Rumpus; circus, live bands, DJs, art and performances that you’ve grown to love from Europe’s top indoor festival experience.Tease your eardrums with our playlist on Soundcloud here
Dress code suggestions:
Captains Courageous and Cowardly, Kinky Kirk-alikes, Blackhearted Bandidos, Parade-ground Pompadours, Laser-gun Lotharios, Beat-busting Bandoliers, Juggling Janeways, Scintillating seafarers, Rabid Robber Raccoons, Hedonistic Home Guards, Punked up Pistoleros, Beat-busting Blackbeards, Lucious Hussars, Magical Masked Marauders, Zeitgeist Zorros. Synergistic Sky-Captains
(More Acts to follow week by week)
Shamus O'Blivion - you’ll be toe-tapping, whirling and gyrating to this frenzied high energy Celtic mayhem.
DJ Loki - you will dance till you drop, then you’ll get up and dance some more!
Charlie Stirzaker- whirling you on into the night, lifting and lightening.
Wonderland is back to take over the second room, step into their alternative universe of special, leave your pistols at the door, hang up your ceremonial sabre, holster your laser-gun and open your minds. The party is mad…and all for a good cause!
Buffo’s Wake - Rumpus veterans and resident party-starters Buffo's Wake will be on hand to get you jumping, dancing, and sweating before leaving you satisfied and a bit guilty.
Spin Te Ku - Come partake of the perma-tour of these wild and eccentric Spanish troubadours
Gypsy Disco – Delight to the thrills of this travelling troupe of circus freaks, burlesque beauties and high flying acrobats.
DJ BiNGe - Be carried along by this set of relentless party bangers from Bangers n mash and Dutty Moonshine
The Travelling Tavern
Kick off your spurs, put down your pistols, uncummer your bund, power down your phasers and relax to a selection of talented and stimulating bands.
Mojo Hand – Get your horn on with these deeply down and dirty blues hounds.
The Yuya – stimulate your roots with the resplendent Constance Dalrymple, all the energy you need for dancing the night away.
The Maskaradin' Troubadours - Tantalise your earbuds with a corking Calypso flavour of the 40s and 50s and an electrified sunshine sound of New Orleans and Carnivalistic grooves.
Garance and the Mitochondries- Whirl around the dancefloor of the universe in all it’s beauty, chaos and irresistible absurdity with this unparalleled accordionista and her band.
The Alchemist and his delectable disciples descend upon Rumpus, laying down the most magical of melodies to see you soaring through the night accompanied by the most fearsome of freakshows.
The Alchemist – let yourself be mixed into the musical melange by this master of the decks.
Peanut Butter – Bounce around the room to the irrepressible joy that is James PB!
The Wonderland Café
If a dance floor of this wonderful crew isn’t enough, please prepare yourself for the pure delight, tea and cake all dished out by these wonderful, charitable Wonderland creatures!Pure delight, tea and cake all dished out by these wonderful, charitable Wonderland creatures!
VJ Harper - Waiting to ambush your senses with mad visuals and fresh beats
|Super Quantum Ticket of Doom||22:00 - 06:00||£12.50|
|Super Cheap Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£15.00|
|Super Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£18.00|
|Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£20.00|
|General Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£25.00|
7, Torrens St, EC1V 1NQ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.