- Venue to be revealed
An immersive experience of sensual Japanese culture
Feeling open-minded? Join us, and become a character exploring the hedonism, transgression and unabashed naughtiness of ancient Edo period Japan. Welcome to the pleasures of the Floating World.
T A K A Y O recreates a mysterious teahouse in the twisting alleys of an ancient red light district. Step over the threshold and be instantly transported to a strange and fascinating world. A place where, from the 17th through to the 19th century, Japanese people enjoyed many forms of art and entertainment. And also indulged in extravagant and unashamedly erotic pursuits. Their adventures are recorded in the exquisite paintings and woodblock prints of the time. This is Ukiyo, also known as the Floating World.
Enter the Floating World and become one of the characters in our story. To immerse you in your role you will be dressed in full kimono attire in our red lantern room before being seated for a delicious Japanese evening meal. We then reveal the beauty, humour and passion of Shunga - the celebrated erotic art of Japan.
Edo period Japan embraced a unique view of sex and sensuality. Learn its rituals. Hear its secrets. And, perhaps, pick up a few tips on the art of seduction! Then enjoy the pleasure of tracing your own Shunga with a Japanese calligraphy brush-pen to create a unique, erotic illustration on a card for you to present to someone special.
For the second time, we're excited to collaborate with popular Supper Club, Megumi's Table.
The chef, Megumi is renowned for bringing the authentic Japanese dishes that are rare to find in London. She prepares her dishes meticulously using ingredients such as "Shio Koji" and "Fruits enzyme syrup". Also, she makes her own miso at home. Her attention to details is delightful and it would be a treat to experience her dishes at Floating World.
There are so many restaurants where you can have Japanese cuisine and yet, so many delicious dishes are still missing. But, we're here to make sure that you are lucky enough to not to miss out.
Are you curious?
For this event, Megumi is serving up some unique dishes such as Steamed white fish with Seaweed and you will discover what a natural pro-biotic seasoning does to the chickens. You will be nourished with minerals and Umami.
What you need to know
Floating World is a new Japanese cultural immersive dining experience.
Enjoy a refreshing Umeshu cocktail on arrival created with Choya Extra Years.
Have fun dressing up in a kimono in the private room inspired by the Yoshiwara pleasure quarter.
Savour delicious Japanese meal prepared by popular Japanese Supper club Megumi's.
Learn the secret world of Japan through our presentation on Shunga.
Create a unique illustration with a Japanese calligraphy pen on card for yourself or for a special someone.
Take home your original card and a mini Shunga booklet.
MeGUMI's - MENU
Choya Butterfly - Umeshu Cocktail with butterfly pea flower tea
Steamed Fish with Seaweed, White fish, wakame, seaweed
Megumi's original Chicken Kara-age, Chicken, Fruits enzyme syrup & Shio Koji marinade
Megumi's original Koya-Tofu Kara-age, Koya-Tofu, Fruits enzyme syrup & Shio Koji marinade (VG)
Inari Sushi, Suhi rice, seasoned Age-tofu, vegetables (VG)
Heavenly soft Matcha roll cake, Matcha tea, cream, aduki beans, berries
Crystallised Yuzu Peel, Wasanbon sugar ball, Yuzu Peel, Wasanbon sugar (VG)
I now know why your event is so popular!
The atmosphere is brilliant, the night has been hilarious, possibly the funniest and most mortifying moment of my life
HALLOWEEN EVENTS london 2018: the editor's pick
conde nast traveler
immersive experiences london 2019: events to book
|19:00 - 22:30||£58.00|
Venue to be revealed, Barnsbury, N1
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.