FERVOR FESTIVAL AFTERNOONS : Micro Acts - Artist Film Festival
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
Escape the sunburn and join us for a hot FERVOR afternoon matinee!
MicroActs at Fervor Festival is a retrospective of our first five years championing short form artist film; celebrating our past artists whilst looking to the future. Founded in 2017 by Liberty Antonia Sadler and joined by Daragh McCann in 2020, MicroActs has screened over 260 artists from 46 countries and counting, pushing a programme focused on personal storytelling, cultural exchange and both formal and thematic breadth.
Taking artist film out of the gallery and into a more casual theatrical setting, MicroActs celebrates the fantastic range in style and content artist film has to offer. This programme alone features animation both analogue and digital, handworked 35mm pieces, straight 8 character studies, abstract tonal pieces as well as short features, all linked through an engagement with personal storytelling.
With films from Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Germany, India, Latvia, The Netherlands, Slovenia, UK & USA, MicroActs is a truly international festival intent on showing how moving image transcends national borders and speaks to emotion, catharsis and intrigue, whilst creating a space for intercultural dialogue.
This is a sliding scale pay-what-you-can event with tickets from £5-10, so book now to avoid disappointment, and come see innovative and experimental moving image at an event on the rise.
Anlan Huang • Autojektor • Carlotta Beck Peccoz • Cristina Vila Nadal & Fausta Joly • Diane Nerwen • Elias Djemil • Enrico Piffer • Flaccid Knob (Nadja Kurz & Per Warberg) • Haplo Zeiger • Helmie Stil • Jess Wheeler • Julia Fuhr Mann • Kate Jessop • Khushee Rajendra Hegde • Liberty Antonia Sadler • Margarita Ieva Loze • Maša Zia Lenárdič & Anja Wutej • Meg Case & Brad Porter • Sara Koppel • Shaun Clark • Sjoerd Martens
Doors open an hour before the show
|14:30 - 16:30||£7.00|
|Major Fan||14:30 - 16:30||£10.00|
|Micro Acts Regular||14:30 - 16:30||£5.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.