BEHIND THE VEIL - A torchlit cemetery walk and magical tales by candlelight
- The Dissenters Chapel
Join us on a candlelit walk and discover the secrets and stories hiding amongst the tombs of Kensal Rise Cemetery. Beyond the dates and names, beyond the bare facts and cold earth, beyond the veil, lies the eerie and fantastical carnival of life, death, beauty, and longing. We will share stories and songs of broken hearts and broken promises, of the dead who will not lie quietly sleeping, of creatures who look like us but are not like us, whose hearts are still whilst their eyes are quick, of ghosts and spectres, of darkness and light, of the sombre magic of autumn and the grave, as we cast our spells of story and song to protect us from the night.
A collaboration between Bernadette Russell (“White Rabbit”) a storyteller interested in nature, magic and 21st century fairytales,
Vanessa Woolf (“London Dreamtime”) an explorer of London's secret stories and enchanted pathways and George Hoyle (“Cunning Folk”) who makes music rooted in folk traditions and ritual landscape.
Behind the Veil
|19:30 - 21:00||£12.00|
The Dissenters Chapel, 364, Ladbroke Grove, London, W10 5AB
Ladbroke Grove (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.