Absolute Scenes led by West End actor - The art of devising 4-week Intensive
- No reviews.
- 504 Arch
Absolute Scenes led by West End actor, Harrison Rose
The art of devising using the power of play.
Absolute scenes is a four-week intensive program all about creating work from a simple stimulus. They are live, responsive, sessions where performers are guided to create loaded, engaging scenes.
The sessions are available for performers of any level and tailored for each group.
We will be following the invent – invest – believe scheme focusing each week on a different part of the process necessary when devising work.
These sessions will include exercises focusing on improvisation, removing obstacles and making informed choices. We will also be implementing some of Katie Mitchell’s pointers to ensure our scenes have Place, Circumstance, Intention and Events.
Want to play like you knew how to when you were a kid? Need inspiration to finish that play you’re writing? Happy to dive in head first to a creative playground? These sessions are for you.
No experience necessary, all we ask for is a willingness to learn and the desire to play!
About the teacher:
Harrison has performed on UK Tours, on the West End and Internationally, most recently completing a season of Shakespeare - performing as Hamlet. Harrison is also a Playwright who has written for multiple scratch nights before his debut full-length play (Fox) was programmed at The Old Red Lion Theatre in London in 2017. He trained at Royal Central School of Speech and Drama on the MA acting program and is a passionate and dedicated acting coach, putting his professional experience to good use.
Deposit to secure place
|19:00 - 21:00||£50.00|
|4-week course, inc deposit||19:00 - 21:00||£150.00|
Early bird, inc deposit
|19:00 - 21:00||£110.00|
504 Arch, Ridgeway Road, Brixton, SW9
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.