Untapped Creatives Afro-Luxe Concept Store & Panel Talk for Black History Month
- The Stratford
We are incredibly privileged and honoured to be welcoming Untapped Creatives to The Stratford for October’s Black History Month. Untapped Creatives was founded to create a bridge between the premium consumer and retail, where Black luxury brands are underrepresented and difficult to find. For the whole month of October, the cabinet by our reception will be stocked and showcasing a curation of luxury products available for guests to purchase. Browsing options range from jewellery, candles, bags, and beauty products to baby booties and hand crafted dolls.
Saturday 16 October: Afro-Luxe Concept Store & Panel Talk
Untapped Creatives will be taking over the Mezzanine from 1PM – 7PM showcasing their impressive roster of 19 luxury black owned lifestyle brands, with clothing from Isarella Kobla and House of RG, stunning accessories from Sudanese brand Eilaf, gorgeous home fragrance brand Elephant & Bamboo (inspired by the Congo), to lovely children’s brands Sooochi and Fela & Friends.
The panel talk, from 3PM-4PM, will be chaired by Funmi Scott, founder of Untapped Creatives discussing: What is Black Luxury and how do we redress the underrepresentation of black creatives in the luxury space?
Funmi will be in conversation with a stellar line-up:
- Sherri Andrew, Staff Writer at Sheerluxe
NIA, Digital Creator
- Erika Brodnock, Co-founder of Extend Ventures
- Christia & Bibiche, Founders of Elephant & Bamboo
Untapped Creative Pop Up Fashion Store
Save your spot for the pop up fashion store in The Mezzanine at The Stratford Hotel
|13:00 - 18:00||Free admission|
Save your space for the panel talk held in The Mezzanine, 3PM - 4PM
|15:00 - 16:00||Free admission|
The Stratford, 20 International Way, London, E20 1FD
Stratford station (Rail)
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.