Style For Charity
- No reviews.
- The Octagon
An evening of fun, style and fashion to raise money for the domestic abuse charity Women's Aid. Shocked by the statistic that 1 woman is killed by domestic violence every 3 days in England and Wales the orginiser of this event, Kerry O'Brine, felt strongly that she wanted to help raise money.
Do a bit of shopping, try out some new beauty products, watch a women's fashion catwalk show, listen to an inspirational speaker and hopefully win something in the raffle!
Your evening will start with a glass of bubbly, canapes and a range of fashion and style brands to browse.
Try the fabulous shoes from Yull. Made in the UK in a mixture of fun and classic styles and colours - a great mix of heel heights make them perfect for work and the weekend! Chrissie from Stella and Dot will be bringing along a beautiful selection of jewellery. Mingle with other ladies whilst trying out makeup and beauty products with Rachel Pym from My Showcase. Enjoy some stunning millinery from Judy Bentinck. Whether you’re looking for something for the races, a wedding or a special occasion, Judy will create the perfect hat for you. PLUS many more brands!
At 7.15pm we will take our seats for the fashion catwalk showcasing the Kerry O'Brine Women's Wear new collection.
Style consultant Joanna Gaudoin will take us through the importance of image and how some of the catwalk pieces will work for different body types and colouring.
We will then hear from Rachel Short who sits on the 30% Club steering committee and is instrumental in a lot of their research. She is also the Founder of Why Women Work: A unique social enterprise, founded to boost the number of women in corporate leadership roles.
This will be followed by the fantastic speaker Roz Thornton. Roz is a very successful trainer and motivational speaker with personal experience of domestic abuse in her childhood family home.
Money from the tickets, purchases made on the evening and the raffle tickets will be going to the charity.
P.S. Don't forget to get raffle tickets on the evening for a chance to win amazing prizes such as some (OMG - i've tried and tested!) delicious Rolo cupcakes from Emma Berry at Pause For Torte.
The Octagon, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London, EN1 4NS
Mile End (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue operates a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.