Reply from Jive Party at The Rivoli BallroomThank you so much for your 5-star review! We are delighted you enjoyed your evening. I will pass on your comments to staff - and possibly to the NHS as well!
Fancy some dancing to live music in the fabulous retro Rivoli Ballroom? Our ever-popular monthly Saturday nights have a lively buzz, great jive, swing, rock and roll and original R&B music.
Jive Party is for beginners and experts alike. Every month we bring you a top live band playing Jive, Swing, Rock and Roll and original Rhythm 'n' Blues music designed to keep you on the dance floor. The night gets underway with a jive dance class aimed at beginners, to give you some pointers on jive partner dancing. Between two sets by the band, and afterwards, DJs keep the music flowing until 1am. A licensed bar, a fabulous spacious maple sprung dance floor, and the uniquely glamorous interior of The Rivoli Ballroom make for a brilliant night out. If you've not yet been to a Jive Party, why not make this a date and find out why the Rivoli Jive Party is one of the longest running dance events in the Capital? We'll have been going 30 years this November. See below for dates and bands.
Jump 66 are a lively 6-piece band with thumping double bass, honking sax and pounding piano, belting out a raucous mix of retro Rhythm & Blues laced with swing, soul and ska. They've honed their performances over almost 15 years both on the London club circuit, and at festivals from Ealing to Glastonbury. New for 2023, the band's joined by charismatic front man Paul Kissaun ex Flying Pickets and keys man Pete Saunders ex Dexy's Midnight Runners / The Damned. We're delighted to welcome them to Jive Party for the first time, though eagle eyes may have spotted some band members who have performed at The Rivoli in other bands too!
A welcome return for Memphis Lee & The Creepers after their sell-out gig at last November's Jive Party.
If you're a fan of that authentic rock n roll sound, you won't be disappointed. The Creepers deliver the sounds of Bill Haley, Eddie Cochran, Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry to name but four, in style, with two guitars, sax, piano, bass and drums topped with belting vocals. The band members have worked with many famous names from the rock n roll and rockabilly scenes - names like Mike Sanchez, James Hunter and Si Cranstoun, and some that might surprise you, like Eric Clapton and Imelda May. So be sure to book your spot at The Rivoli on May 20th - whatever the weather outside, it's going to be one hot rock n roll night inside.
A Jive Party regular and ever popular. Now here’s that rare thing – a British band who can cut the mustard! Powered along by a top class rhythm section, with wild harp and standout guitar. Stick in their authentic hollering vocalist and you’ve got a pretty hot combo! They’re good!!” – Ken Smith, Red Lick Records
Six of the UK’s top blues & roots musicians, playing hell for leather on the Rivoli stage – a recipe for an unforgettable night if you love your jive, rhythm n blues. The Cadillac Kings play music inspired by the sounds and styles of the ’40s & ’50s, with a mix of mostly original songs and a few well-chosen covers from the likes of T-Bone Walker, Roy Brown & Champion Jack Dupree. The Cadillac Kings are firm favourites on both the blues & jump-jive scenes, and tailor-made for the Rivoli Ballroom.
“Entertaining, authentic & infectious – The Cadillac Kings’ high energy swinging R&B is enough to put a foaming head on a pint of real ale! This is pure good time music that left The Darlington Arts Centre audience dizzy, long after they’d left the building.” - Darrell Parsons, Blues in Britain
Hot favourites with everyone in the know, Laura B and her band are back on the Rivoli stage for yet another blistering night of good time, jive, swing and R&B. You'd have to be comatose not to enjoy this night with some of the very best musicians in the country recreating that authentic 50's sound.
AUGUST - NO EVENT. Details of September to December to follow.
Jive Party is one of the Capital's longest-running dance events, going right back to the early 1990's. Jive Parties were initially held at Leicester Square’s Notre Dame Hall, before our move to the larger Rivoli Ballroom, a totally unique, Grade II-listed venue that’s perfect for dancing to live music. The large maple sprung dancefloor is lit by chandeliers, glitter balls and over-sized chinese lanterns. The walls are adorned with red velvet and flock wallpaper. You’ll recognise it as a backdrop in countless photo-shoots, pop videos, TV shows and feature films! Read what The Independent had to say about it.
A friendly, inclusive and welcoming greeting awaits you. If you've not been to a Jive Party, why not? Here are some of our recent reviews from Design My Night customers:
"great band, great dancing. fantastic venue" - Paul
"Fantastic evening , amazing venue and great music and dancing" - Amanda
"So great to be back at the Rivoli for jive night! The Cadillac Kings were bril, and such lovely atmosphere." - Jan
"A wonderful night as always. The smooth way to get in was as easy as normal. The friendly faces welcoming you. The dancefloor was a joy. I try and go every month to this fab ballroom." - Duncan
"My first Jive night and I absolutely loved it!! Such an amazing venue, filled with so many wonderful humans all having so much fun and wonderful live music. Thank you! I will be back for more this year 3" - Phoebe
|20:00 - 01:00||£18.00|
The Rivoli Ballroom, 350, Brockley Road, London, SE4 2BY
Crofton Park (Rail)
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.